1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Domestic Terrorist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/us/racially-motivated-stabbing-new-york/

NYPD: MIDTOWN STABBING SUSPECT CAME FROM MARYLAND TO KILL BLACK MEN IN NYC

[​IMG]

Eyewitness News
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 04:14AM
    MIDTOWN, Manhattan (WABC) --
    Police said the man who surrendered Tuesday in connection with the fatal stabbing of a man in Midtown Manhattan traveled to New York City with the intent to attack and kill black men.

Authorities said 28-year-old James Harris Jackson, who is from Maryland, walked into the NYPD substation in Times Square and announced he was wanted in the stabbing of a 66-year-old man that happened 24 hours earlier.

"You need to arrest me," he reportedly told officers inside the substation. "I've got the knife in my coat."

Investigators said two knives were found in his possession -- and the murder weapon is believed to be this 26-inch mini sword:

[​IMG]

Detectives believe Jackson has a hatred of black people -- specifically black men. He allegedly wrote a manifesto about attacking African American men on the laptop computer he brought with him to New York City.

Let me guess. . he crazy . . .he is a lone gun man . . .er. .. knifeman . . . . .

Rocket River

Mr.Scarface likes this.
  2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Ironic that's he from Baltimore of all places. To paraphrase from The Wire, he's a white man from a city that's not.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Wonder what his religious affiliation is.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Greater Baltimore has some of the wealthiest and whitest communities in the country.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'd stereotype him as Christian.

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Well, yeah, it's right there in the name--"Great".

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There is something insane about surrendering to police out of the blue for premeditated murder. A sane person would have fled to Mexico.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There must be more to this story. He could've been something.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I think on the insane scale.... murder ever-so slightly outranks confessing to murder. I mean, it's close!...

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well....he was alone and he is crazy. I'm not sure why you think that would somehow mean he's not also a murderer and a terrorist.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

We shouldn't give him the infamy he desires. Lock him up in prison. He'll get his karma.

RIP to the victim. That's what the story and headline should be. "Timothy Caughman killed in hate crime by crazy guy" and it should be more about the victim's life than the crazy dude's motives.

12. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Not sure about that one. Baltimore County has a few wealthy areas, but Maryland's designation as "the richest state" is overwhelmingly due to Montgomery County in the DC suburbs (Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac, etc.)

Sure, DC and Baltimore are close - but economically, they're completely separate.

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Ah I see where in the Bible he got his killing ambitions from.

Some deep **** there.

Yea during the London attack, British media spent more time focusing on the victims and their family than the actual attacker. I wish our media would take note and properly focus their headlines on the real victims in this tragedy.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's the way it should be. These terrorists don't care about their personal life. Rather, they want their message heard. Don't give them that platform, similar to how sportscasts shy away from showing streakers. The ones that should get the spotlight are the victims. Leave the profile and motives to the investigators.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Thought this thread would be about Trump. o_O

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

how long before Kellyanne refers to the Times Square Massacre

Man, I would have paid money to have him say "practice for a Bowling Green Massacre".