1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Day Another Uneducated Angry White Trumpanzee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 26, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol

Eric Riley, Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL. Never disappoints.

Eric Riley, Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL! How lost are you?

Amiga likes this.
  5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

SPLC is garbage.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting. The very same SPLC that the FBI and other law enforcement organizations have gotten info about hate groups from?

Now, I do know that various extremist white nationalist groups have attacked the SPLC:

And here you and other Trump supporters are attacking it. Hmm...

Eric Riley, B-Bob, No Worries and 4 others like this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Call the waaaambulance for this guy complaining about a poster "attacking" ^^^

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

this maybe true if hate is a race

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

A big ol dose of Walton and Johnson in the mornings for a month and maybe some of ya numbskulls would finally get it.

#1251 mick fry, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Might help of you actually read it without the bias.

You and others like you are drones. You are truly asleep. You live in delusion and can not see it. If you could you would be embarrassed. You distort reality to make the world make sense to your flawed views. That's why you are so ridiculous to label a nonviolent entity dedicated to fighting hate as a hate group. That's how crazy you have become.

The reality is that your views are based on fear. Fear that everything you value and believe in is wrong. And instead of the truth tearing down the twisted tower of spin that you buy iNto, you double down and find reasons no matter how ridiculous to support your positions... Your reality...so you can remain in your bubble and decry the enemies you have manufactured in your head.

Oh there are liberals like you to be sure. You need them. You need them to justify your contempt for all those different from you as inferior.

But sadly the only thing inferior is your wasted underdeveloped brain

#1252 Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Hakeemtheking and el gnomo like this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Humans have killed millions. So let's kill more humans! :mad:

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Apparently, the group does not see eye to eye on this. Some members of BLM aren't interested in social justice, it seems they're more into the whole social revenge thing. They call for the death of police officers who happen to come in all colors; black, white, hispanic, asian, doesn't matter which. Do you think this kind of rhetoric is good or healthy for this movement? Because it seems to me that it kind of goes against the entire premise of BLM, which is supposed to be about preserving the lives and not taking them, correct?

I guess it's just a difficult thing for me to understand because I grew up poor myself, I grew up in New Orleans where I was a minority for most of my youth life there. Blacks getting killed was also pretty much the norm and it still is to this day, unfortunately. I lost two of my best friends to gang violence and they weren't even in a gang but were shot in cold blood walking home from school because they refused to join the gang, something that caused my parents to ultimately decide to relocate our entire family because we didn't feel safe there anymore. School systems were overrun with drugs and violence and they could not afford to put us into private school.

I guess my point is, where was the outrage when my friends got shot walking home from school?? These were good kids, the kind who wanted to make a real life for themselves and never had any run ins with the law or otherwise. The cold hard truth is that this story didn't even make the news. Nobody gave a **** about it, nobody wanted to start a riot or organize a rally over it. Everyone was just sad and disgusted. I still communicate with one of the boys mothers to this day, she helps out with a soup kitchen on the east side of town and I always go visit her when I'm in town. Sad how little has changed with that area and how little the people seem to prosper. These are real issues that I can get behind.

What troubles me though is how these days everything on social media, the media itself, and other outlets are suggesting that I'm supposed to have some kind of white guilt. As if the color of my skin makes me a bad person, even though I grew up in a predominately black neighborhood, my ancestors never owned any slaves, in fact they came over here on boats from Italy and Ireland in the early 1900's where they were treated like dog ****, worked in the coal mines of West Virginia for scrap money and most of them worked until they ultimately died in those mines or of conditions that resulted from them working there. What a great life that must have been, no?

I guess the main problem I have with BLM, apart from all of the cop killing rhetoric and all of the racist people who help start the movement is the fact that I feel excluded based on the message and based on my skin color and the fact that I'm supposed to have some sort of white guilt even though I don't have a racist bone in my entire body and neither does anyone in my family.

If we really want to break down walls and progress as a whole I think it would be prudent to do so with movements that are inclusive and not exclusive. I also think that if you want people to truly get behind a movement such as BLM, they need to start honoring the deaths of my friends vs rioting over the deaths of real criminals. That's just my perspective though, I will gladly listen to what you have to offer.

Edit: This will also likely be my last post made in the D&D as this place has become a cesspool for divisive behavior and I just can't stomach too much of this. Quite sad, really.

#1256 Tha_Dude, Aug 19, 2017
  17. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your problem is you see black lives matter as a singular entity. Look I critize it for those elements that preach hate towards cops. But I don't see the white guilt thing. They aren't looking for black supremecy.

That's the difference. The KKK wants whites to rule as the superior race. BLM want blacks to be equal to whites under the law and are angry that they are treated differently and unfairly by law enforcement.

One supports racism the other is reacting to it. If you can't see that fundamental difference, if you think they shouldn't fight against the bias they experience because it's about your guilt versus their justice you don't get it.

I don't like the way they are run. I do think they deserve criticism but to equate them to white supremecy shows your bias

19. zksb09

zksb09 Member

deleted

#1259 zksb09, Aug 19, 2017
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

SPLC can take of itself, believe that. But yeah, people in the thread really were attacking it. Sad. Mojo always has his prerecorded "racist hate group" absurdity, for instance. (Nothing could literally be more 180 degrees incorrect, FWIW.)