1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Day Another Uneducated Angry White Trumpanzee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This of course proves my point that people ignore the racism of BLM and instead accuse those who point out their bigotry of being racist themselves. It's why it is such a problem.....you can't even admit that it is a problem without being attacked for pointing it out.

2. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Do you just make this stuff up in your own head? Did you even bother to read the statement?

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

BLM is annoying, but as the previous guy said...the perception that it is a "racist" or even...good lord...a "terrorist" group shows exactly where a lot of the white is right want the needle

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That dude is something else. I don't have him on ignore anymore because he spams so much nonsense I can tell when he's in a thread either way. Basically, Bobby is always right about everything everytime. If the majority of NBA players disagree with him, like they did last week...then they are the ones that are stupid. Don't waste your time..

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I read the statement, and i reject it. Those who founded BLM are racists, and any report that concludes otherwise is selling something. When a person holds up someone like Assata Shakur as a hero and role model, there's no way you can argue that they aren't a racist. It would be the same as someone having a KKK leader as a role model. That's just the problems with those that started the initial thing, some of those who have started local branches have been even worse.....like the crazy woman who started the Toronto branch that was on record saying that white people are birth defects and that they are genetically inferior.

If you can't look at the collection of evidence that exists suggesting the BLM leaders are racist and realize the truth in it, you are either selling something or you are fooling yourself intentionally.

6. zksb09

zksb09 Member

I have distinctly got the same feeling that it is a waste of time.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, it is a waste of your time to try and push propaganda that is easily disproved. You'd be better off being more honest.

No Worries likes this.
  8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ben Shapiro is a smart dude, because he's found out the easiest living in the world: he's built himself up as a media personality convincing the dumb wing of the conservative movement that he's making good arguments by using some jargon and debating people who are terrible at debating. I always laugh when I see his videos posted, and am not surprised by the suspects shilling for him in this thread.

CometsWin likes this.
  9. SC1211

Supporting Member

It is. I've given up, which is a shame because I don't mind his sports takes. But Bobby starts from a certain premise and cannot see reason or keep up with logical argumentation. It's like arguing with a brick wall. His logic is always circular. Some people are cut out for nuanced discussion and some aren't.

10. Nook

Nook Member

No, BLM is a radical hate group.

It was founded by radicals that support radical beliefs.

It openly supports a terrorist convicted cop killer.

BLM has welcomed speakers that support killing police officers and have supported Osama Bin Laden.

11. SC1211

Supporting Member

Sarcasm?

12. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

I wouldn't put BLM on par with a lot of other hate groups, but it certainly has it's warts.

The founders and leaders of the movement have said or supported people that have made a number of statements that are hateful.

From the leader of the Toronto branch calling white people genetic defects, to tweeting about white people being sub human. To a founder referring to climate change being "anti-blackness".

Alicia Garza reveres Assata Shakur, who is a terrorist and murderer affiliated with the Black Liberation Army, Weather Underground.

Malik Shabazz...... as well.

It also boasts a number of former Black Panthers.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

14. SC1211

Supporting Member

So some members hold beliefs about that are problematic. How about the core mission?

Edit- members loosely, as BLM isn't a defined or organized group

15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

How can they have a core mission if they aren't a defined or organized group?

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's inherent in the name.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hey... it just occurred to me, Trump's Infrastructure Week is now coming to close. I think Trump and Chao announced something about Infrastructure...

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They're making an addition to their house of cards. Bigly.

Amiga and Buck Turgidson like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

With the business and arts commission members ending presidential commissions due to Trump's offensive statements re: Charlottesville, here is the first Evangelical Advisory Board member resigning (disappointing it is only the first, but hopefully joined by others soon).

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The Southern Poverty Law Center is a racist hate group. Everything they publish, including the passage above, needs to be read and discussed with that firmly in mind.

Bandwagoner and RocketsLegend like this.