1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, that is also a problem. It just isn't a problem rapidly on the rise by people who share an ideology that echoes the rhetoric of the leader of the free world who also happened to reduce the resources devoted to stopping that type of terrorism.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nah what? Do you apply the same standards when when a Islamic extremist does a terrorist attack? Do you just chalk that up to "crazy guy" and feel that the government has no responsibility understanding Islamic extremism and how it spreads?

Do you not care about the ideology and how they became extremists?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Killing is wrong regardless of ideology, No I really don’t care. If you do this regardless of your beliefs you should meet a swift death, I really don’t want to know why you did it. In the case of the El Paso shooter he should be hung in front of the courthouse.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its pretty rare when I agree with trump, but here is one of those times... it is both right and common sense that background checks finally happen. Of course,the cynical view that trump has discussed and even promised this a number of times in the past (then dropped it), but hopefully this is the promise he actually delivers on (since this eliminates moscow mitch's excuse that he blocks bills that trump won't sign).

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m cynical about Trumps seriousness here when he’s not calling on Moscow Mitch to bring back the Senate. All this means is “maybe” after Labor Day, Mitch will take a look at taking a bill up on the Senate floor.

ALOT can happen between now and then. We live in political dog years with the daily Trump scandals, and the fact that he’s saying he’s talking to the NRA just tells you all we need to know there. When have we ever known the GOP and especially Trump to lean into gun control after the NRA talks to Trump. After Parkland they got their claws in him and like a beat down dog turned from background checks to let’s sell guns to teachers!!

Yeah I’m calling BS here. This is an obvious survive the news cycle tactic. He doesn’t plan on signing sh$& and the media cannot be foolish AGAIN to continue to get played by this ass.

foh and mdrowe00 like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He flip flopped on this before.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yes, trump has lied before (heh, a poster here says "trump lies, about everything, all the time"). But the cynic in me also knows that we are getting closer to a new election. And a key voting block is suburban moms, which are much more focused on mass shootings and other gun deaths.

Are the Suburbs Getting More Progressive on Guns? Moms Demand Action Bets Yes
    Gun control group found winning candidates within its own ranks
    https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/are-the-suburbs-progressive-moms-demand-action-bets-yes

I think it is making a difference this time...

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The NRA aren't going to fold folks. They knew if they give an inch to Trump and Trump is replaced with a democrat the second amendment will be up on the table.

This is the last gasp for the NRA financially too. They are in turmoil within themselves. Gonna be a fun election season.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree. I don't think improvements to background checks is going to solve the problem, but when Trump moves in the right direction, he should be rewarded. If he's just met with cynicism, he won't have any reason to hope for a benefit by going through with it. In fact, it should be shouted from the rooftops and everyone should count down the days until he signs it into law.

MR TRUMP, IF YOU SIGN GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION I WILL DEFINITELY MAYBE CONSIDER VOTING FOR YOU IN 2020!

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

To you smarter folks out there, Trump rescinded an Obama XO about the mentally ill and guns - correct? Wouldn't a reasonable easy first step be to unrescind that or would that be too much to ask for him to admit a mistake?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I completely agree, that is why the police and military should be discharged.

12. JuanValdez

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Deleted

#675 Andre0087, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  16. Nook

Nook Member

“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these:

1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable.

2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience.

4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.

5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.

6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.

7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.

8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

BruceAndre likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

I'm sure the FBI has logged this post.

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I should have put the article that I quoted it from but you're right, it's better not to take the chance.

JuanValdez likes this.
  19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

:)
    ...no...

...a reasonable easy first step would be admitting it was a mistake to have elected Obama where he could sign a tyrannical XO like that, that Donald Trump would have to come in and rescind for the good of the country in the first place.

...you know...
    ...I think I might be getting the hang of this...!:):D

#679 mdrowe00, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Nook and Andre0087 like this.
  20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I like your thinking, Comrade.

mdrowe00 likes this.