1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. dmoneybangbang

Vinland Saga was awesome. Totally thought it was going to go a Berserk-esque route with the two main characters.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Anyone else read that Death Note one-shot manga chapter that was recently released?

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/death-note-special-one-shot-chapter-1/chapter/19985

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, Death Note is 1 of the best animes of all time IMO.

lately I’ve been thinking about finishing Cowboy Bebop...I had seen random episodes here and there, and long ago decided to just sit down and watch every episode in order and finish the whole thing, but I stopped around episode 17

I haven’t really gotten into many of these new age animes for some reason...Dragon Ball Super looks dumb as hell, never seen MHA, etc...at this point, I’m just waiting for AOT S4, and that’s about it

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not anime but related: I read a couple of Mangas over the past few weeks that I really enjoyed.

I Am a Hero is a horror manga- a zombie apocalypse tale but the zombies are an actual storyline and not like any other zombie story you've seen. It's also interesting as guns are very hard to get in Japan and the main character has one since he's part of a gun club. Very good and long and took me about 40 hours to read. There's a live-action movie and I wouldn't be surprised if it's eventually turned into an anime.

[​IMG]

All You Need is Kill is a Sci-Fi manga and what the Tom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow was based on. Pretty short by manga run standards and took me about an hour to read. Another one that will probably get the anime treatment, eventually.

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan and Yung-T like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Damn it's dark af. Like a cross between Inception and Seven.

Seriously I shouldn't watch this before I sleep.

mikus likes this.
  5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Anyone remember this show. Probably my favourite show when I was a kid

DreamShook and KingCheetah like this.
  6. mikus

mikus Member

This season, my favorite new shows so far are ID:Invaded, Darwin's Game, and Infinite Dendogram in that order.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is my all time favorite anime tv show -- I would try to trick my mom to skip school to watch it then they played it from the start again during the summer. It was so dark and violent in some parts -- really advanced stuff for kids esp in the 80s. Way too many Minmay storylines though (lol).

AleksandarN likes this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I thought your favourite kid show would have been thundercats ;)

Invisible Fan and KingCheetah like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly and AleksandarN like this.
  10. redrowdy03

redrowdy03 Member

Warning......Contains profanity. Please don't watch this around children or at work.

11. SemisolidSnake

All You Need Is Kill was originally a light novel from 2004 by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. I met Yoshitoshi ABe who did the illustrations for it at Anime Central in Chicago a few years ago. (He's also contributed illustrations to the manga, it looks like.) This was like right as Edge of Tomorrow was coming out. He said both he and the author had seen it and really liked it. That was enough to convince me, and I saw it when I got back, and I loved it. I've been meaning to reading the original novel for a while now. I think I own it...somewhere. Good stuff.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Castlevania season 3 is out.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Holy crap they're gonna finish the final arc of Bleach.

14. elrond

elrond Member

Just finished watching Macross Frontier and enjoyed it quite a bit. Gonna have to go back and watch some of the old school Macross, since I was never really exposed to Robotech as a kid. Macross Plus has always been a favorite of mine, and although I'm sure I watched parts of Macross II, it didn't make much of an impression. Found this Youtube channel which has a bunch of Macross content on it:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7LE2qjaUm8ZfLRRyOyTmHA

On another note, looks like the next season of Hi Score Girl is coming around 4/9. Great for those of us who spent way too much time in arcades during middle/high school

15. SemisolidSnake

I have heard that the final arc of Bleach is a fever dream that makes everything bizarre and nonsensical in Bleach up to that point seem like high, logical art. While I am in no way interested in more Bleach after having watch all 366 episodes over a decade on Adult Swim, there is still a morbid curiosity can't quite excise.

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The final arc was quite odd. I was reading the manga and overall, it was pretty hard to follow. It could've been the gaps along the way and memory fleeting. Still, exciting to see the adaptation come to anime.

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I just watched "I hate being in pain, so I think I'll make a full defense build." It's an MMO show, extremely cutesy and positive, makes no sense, and almost like the writers on crack.

And I liked it.

I think I'm going insane.

P.S. Final arc of bleach is doodoo. I hope they rewrite it.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Season finale for My Hero was on point. Thought it was going to be rushed since they left it all to one episode but they pulled it off gracefully. It was well paced and well produced.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Tower of God is based on a Korean manhwa, pretty popular one too apparently.

For anyone interested in watching an anime derived from a non-Japanese source.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Make sure to watch the first Macross (Super Dimension Fortress Macross), I had an absolute blast watching and it's not as idol-ish as the newer iterations.

Watched the new season when it came out, it's an awesome end to the series (the manga unfortunately ended, so that's it for now) and as good as the first season.

The author is doing a new Hi Score girl project atm, with a 30yr old Hidaka (the blonde girl from Hi Score Girl) as the main protagonist, the manga just started.