1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

[​IMG]

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I bought my Konosuba tickets the day they were released. I f**king loved it, the theater was packed and was pretty much laughing from start to finish. With so many insufferable nice guy characters in anime, Kazuma's behavior is a joy to watch.

I need a season 3 in a bad kind of way.

Marteen and Yung-T like this.
  3. Marteen

Marteen Member

The KonoSuba movie was f******* lit.

4. Marteen

Marteen Member

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Fire Force is legit!! Very underrated!!

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am watching that on adult swim, like where it is going but it is kind of slow so far.

7. Blurr#7

What episode you on? Personally I can’t stand the dubs so I watch it on Crunchyroll

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Anime dubs are the worst man, same for Japanese games. They always hire ppl who sound like they are doing a high school project.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

About three episodes after they found out who was causing the spontaneous combustion.

Don't really like subs too distracting.

10. Blurr#7

Lol I couldn’t stand Naruto’s voice actor!

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The only anime with an acceptable dub is Dragonball. Everybody is too high pitched in the original.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  12. omgTHEpotential

Just binged the entire season of Dr Stone - enjoyed it. Now binging 20 episodes of Vinland Saga.

TheRedRanger and SemisolidSnake like this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Today I learned that Japanese school years start in April, thanks to K-On!

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Make sure to watch all seasons and the final movie, K-On is a gem.

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

That's not entirely true. I usually prefer subs, but anime like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop, and Steins Gate are often considered better than the original VAs.

16. omgTHEpotential

Just checked out the description and some screenshots on myanimelist. Is it really that good? Seems like something aimed at the schoolgirl demographic.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A great show goes beyond the limits of its genre and demographic.

Yung-T and omgTHEpotential like this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

My hero is teasing hard with the last couple of episodes.

19. SemisolidSnake

Are we really doing subs vs dubs in here in this day and age? You like what you like, and someone else likes what they like, and that's the end of that. That's the one true answer to this whole debate. And you usually like it the way you heard it first, although the JoJo dubs are such masterpieces that I actually think Parts 3 and 4 are elevated beyond their original version with their English dubs, and that surprised me.

Vinland Saga really turned out well, I must say, now that I've finished it. Truly, it created one of the most interesting, complex, layered characters I have seen in any show.

I'm also watch finally making traction on OG Sailor Moon (in Japanese because I felt like it for this one), and I just love it. I'm only in the mid twenties in episodes, so i have a ways to go, but man, it's so much more than than what it looks like on the surface. You can really see how Junicho Sato and Kunihiko Ikuhara really elevated this show when they were directing it.

I've been binging Hunter x Hunter (2011, dubbed), because I finally got some traction on that show as well, and it's really amazing. I'd watched nearly all of the 1999 version (subbed), and I thought I was going to be biased towards it, but once I got going, I saw that they really did a great job with the reboot especially the post-Hunter-Exam stuff. I also happen to be watching Yu Yu Hakusho as well, finally, and that's a treat, and it's an interesting experience to watch both Togashi shows simultaneously.

HxH, a shounen aimed at children, has some of darkest stuff I've ever seen. Stuff that makes me way more uncomfortable than Berserk, just in a different way. This is why I keep anime of all different types around to counterbalance each other.

Oh, also, if you haven't watched Mob Psycho 100, what the hell are you waiting for? It's by the author of One Punch Man, and it's phenomenal, and the second season (which I'm halfway through) is even better than the first (unlike the second season of OPM.) The dub is an absolute gem.

I've been watching a lot of anime lately. I go through ups and down, but it feels good to be in an upswing.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can somebody explain what the hell is going on in Jo Jo, it has to be the most homo erotic anime I have ever seen.

I like the anime because it is so ****ing weird but what is going on with the costumes and the lack of female characters.

How does a show like this get made and how is still going?