1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. biff17

biff17 Member

Ok I thought the flashbacks were to things that happened in previous episodes but you are saying they are not, right?

That's kinda of confusing if so I understand about his father's memories but not his?

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, some people thought it was a flash forward. They pulled an M. Night twist and it's actually in the past when Erin's dad was a lot younger.

People with special Titans remember the previous hosts experiences. That's why Historia's BFF knew what the Marley Invaders were up to when she wasn't one of them.

It took me a while to understand this because it's all subtle. But what's great is that all the details are actually important and not farted out as a gimmick like a lot other shows

3. biff17

biff17 Member

So does Historia's friend or Annie come up in the story again?

4. Invisible Fan

That armorered Titan gave hange a letter.... In the last episode we find out it was from the BFF to Historia. Her seven years are pretty much up. So someone else will take her spot.

As for Annie
    who knows

I will say this all makes S2 more watchable if you watch the whole thing again

#2784 Invisible Fan, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  5. biff17

biff17 Member

Ok I did see that I forgot about time being up.

It's 13 years right?

6. Invisible Fan

That sounds more accurate.

7. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Just watched the latest episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba and wow! The animation and art were amazing! That was probably the most beautiful looking fight scene I've ever watched in any anime. That episode was a masterpiece IMO.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The choice and timing of music has to do so much with the effect it gives the viewers in the moment and that last episode was harmonic with both.

I really like the show, just wish there wasnt as much filler as there has been, not as bad as some long running animes, but still too much for my liking.

TheRedRanger likes this.
  9. biff17

biff17 Member

Anybody watching Ultraman on Netflix?

Grew up watching the original and was a big fan, thinking of starting this.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I watched maybe 4 episodes, not a fan of the CG art style. Netflix seems to be in love with that for some reason. Story line went flat for me, never felt a connection to the characters.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cannon Busters is finally out on Netflix. This started off as a crowd funded anime 4 or 5 years ago. Its pretty good IMO. Even though "Netflix Anime" is plastered all over the credits, Netflix put this in the Adult Animation category..

The guy who did this (LeSean Thomas) did work on Legend of Korra, Black Dynamite and Boondocks.

If Dragon Prince can get multiple seasons from Netflix, surely this one can too.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

My 25 y/o niece recommended Kakegurui on Netflix and, after watching the first 4 episodes last night, I'd recommend it. A bit deranged but the animation is top notch and it's about gambling.

13. biff17

biff17 Member

Was watching a documentary about CG vs other animation art styles.

Don't really have a preference but lean toward the old school.

I am more interested in plot than character development and visuals are most important.

14. biff17

biff17 Member

i saw that on a doc about anime will check it out.

DreamShook likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Not sure if it's just me but I always felt the animation style of post 90s anime different than the cartoons I watched as a kid.

When the resolution is at 480, it starts to look similar. There's obvious difference between the shows discussed here than transformers or some super hero cartoon, but I can't put a peg on whether it's a mental or clear visual difference in memory or perception.

I think it's mostly mental and the rest of the difference in resolution and detail..

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Thomas Romain @Thomasintokyo did the design on some of the characters. Dude is legit!

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

New Anime on NetFlix
    Cannon Busters

Rocket River

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm loving Cannon Busters so far. This is better than 7 deadly sins, IMO. The character designs are so good. I hope this becomes popular. The Anime tropes are there but it feels more like an action cartoon, but I like that.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Since nobody is talking about it or mentioning it, cannon buster s

donkeypunch likes this.
  20. biff17

biff17 Member

Watched the 1st Berserk thought it was pretty good will also finish the other 2 movies.

nice plot and plenty of action, pretty gory.