1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

so is that it for One punch and AOT?

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

AOT, yes.

Im not sure about 1 punch.

3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

fack

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yep, that the season for both.

Things have dried up so bad, I'm rewatching Evangelion on Netflix.

It's held up over time, but I couldn't rewatch the last two episodes. Imagine rewatching Lost while knowing the ending is still a wreck and a "remake" still hasn't been finished for twenty years.

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

ok, as one of the biggest one punch fans out there....what the frick? AOT season 3 was GOAT level, that's a satisfactory conclusion for the season.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Sad.

https://www.apnews.com/b10907eaf37945889d9ee4339df92aaa

TOKYO (AP) — A man screaming “You die!” burst into an animation studio in Kyoto, doused it with a flammable liquid and set it on fire Thursday, killing 33 people in an attack that shocked the country and brought an outpouring of grief from anime fans.

Thirty-six others were injured, some of them critically, in a blaze that sent people scrambling up the stairs toward the roof in a desperate — and futile — attempt to escape what proved to be Japan’s deadliest fire in nearly two decades. Others emerged bleeding, blackened and barefoot.

The suspect, identified only a 41-year-old man who did not work for the studio, was injured and taken to a hospital. Police gave no details on the motive, but a witness told Japanese TV that the attacker angrily complained that something of his had been stolen, possibly by the company.

Most of the victims were employees of Kyoto Animation, which does work on movies and TV productions but is best known for its mega-hit stories featuring high school girls. The tales are so popular that fans make pilgrimages to some of the places depicted.

The blaze started in the three-story building in Japan’s ancient capital after the attacker sprayed an unidentified liquid accelerant, police and fire officials said.

“There was an explosion, then I heard people shouting, some asking for help,” a witness told TBS TV. “Black smoke was rising from windows on upper floors. Ten there was a man struggling to crawl out of the window.”

Japanese media reported the fire might have been set near the front door, forcing people to find other ways out.

The building has a spiral staircase that may have allowed flames and smoke to rise quickly to the top floor, NHK noted. Fire expert Yuji Hasemi at Waseda University told NHK that paper drawings and other documents in the studio also may have contributed to the fire’s rapid spread.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

8. Acura

Acura Member

Like cartoons? LOL

9. biff17

biff17 Member

Finally watched and finished A.O.T. It was the most enjoyable season.

Did not think much of it when I 1st started the series but it has grown on me, once they fleshed out the plot it has really been interesting.

Why the he'll have they been ignoring the Annie subplot?I

I really liked the reveal about where the Titans were coming from and how and why they were created.

#2769 biff17, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  10. biff17

biff17 Member

Can somebody tell me about Eden and his flashback about?

His mother being a Titan and eating who they did and how is he able to transfer the first Titan powers.

Also what was up with him touching Historia?

11. Invisible Fan

They'll explain it more but just to recap
    Eren's dad ate the royal family. Dad had the Attack Titan's power from Owl (Eren's flashback). After dad ate the Reisses peices, he inhereted the Original Titan's power

Since Eren + Dad didn't have the royal bloodline, they don't have the Coordinate Power to control titans. (They also don't have that weird brainwashy effect where the royal loses their personality and follows the order of "not being violent").

That's why people trying to kidnap Eren up until now...

His Step-Mom (the Beast Titan's mother, aka Eren's step bro) was that female titan that ate Eren's biological mother in Episode One.

She's a Royal...In that episode where the Titan step-mom touched Eren on the battlefield, they somehow connected with the "Coordinate Power" and Eren was able to turn away the titan mob.

Eren realizes this when she touches Historia again (they shared some Royal flashback he shouldn't have seen)...meaning you probably don't have to have Royal blood to control all the Titans. This prob also means Historia doesn't have to be a figurehead...more or less a dungeon blood donor.

So Eren stashes that thought and keeps it to himself.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. biff17

biff17 Member

Ok thanks.

When did we find out Eren 's stepmother ate his mother?

What episode did he touch his stepmom, I missed that?

13. Invisible Fan

Don't remember exactly...I think they show that flashback where his mum is about to get chewed up when the stepmum-titan was thrown out the island wall and turns into a titan the very first time.

It's very subtle, but that's how the writer does things.

I think this was when Annie was wreckin **** up as the titan. Like around when Erwin went out to rescue Erin and got injured. Late S1 stuff

Can't believe it's been that long since S1...

14. biff17

biff17 Member

what about him getting the 1st titan power.

when was that?

15. Invisible Fan

They revealed it in the basement episodes where they talk about the "Coordinate" and how the royal family head controlled it.

S2 is actually important exposition but it was too much setup. That's when you find out the dad ate the royal family.

They don't outright say it but the anime's flashback references try to help you connect the dots.

That basement episode is packed w/ details...

16. biff17

biff17 Member

i saw the basement episode but I thought I might have missed.

the episode where he got control of the Titans.

Was that just a just a flashback or did it happen in a previous episode?

17. biff17

biff17 Member

so is the manga dealing with war across the sea?

18. biff17

biff17 Member

i think he opted to stay quiet because.

He just learned that the Titans had a short lifespan and he did not want H to have to do what he has had to do as a Titan.

He does not want her to become a weapon.

19. Invisible Fan

I guess it's the episode after opening the basement.... Kinda like a part 2 since his dreams tie in with what they learned there.

It's kinda trippy and vague but we're seeing Erin's dreams and visions from the Attack Titan's memories. So it's a flashback of Erin's dad's memories.

The trippy part is that owl mentioned saving Armin and Mikasa so that could mean the connection isn't only past memories... Or it could mean Erin has one helluva acid trip. Not sure.

#2779 Invisible Fan, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  20. Invisible Fan

Yes but you're better off being surprised than reading details from a site.

Treat next season like S2