1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anal-ists Eating Crow

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SageHare6, May 23, 2018.

1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

He's lost somewhere up Steph Curry's ass

Mazulis, kjayp, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  2. SemisolidSnake

I don't know if I've ever heard Colin Cowherd's voice, but I see him on the TV anytime I eat lunch at a place with sports on. So, I know two things about him. (1) He has one of the most punchable faces in history. (2) He positions that giant silver mic of his pointing upward less than an inch from his mouth, and it's incredibly phallic looking, it's hard to believe it's not intentional. I suspect he uses it during commercials for practice in between opportunities to personally show his love for Lebron.

3. aroundtheblock2

Lol @ Cowherd. Always spinning away from praising Rockets .

This series is far far from over against Golden State. Golden State still is the favorite .

Tfor3 likes this.
  4. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

You gotta watch ernie he bashes the rockets or harden kinda discretely.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

They're all just a bunch of talking heads...

[​IMG]

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

being an anal-ist i would presume...

Fullcourt likes this.
  7. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Yes. U are correct. And I stand to be corrected in forgetting to add him too.

I give Max credit. Him going up against Stephen A (who is so damn loud!) is an unenviable position. Max has indeed stood firm. And wasn’t quick to concede on the Rockets after game three.

8. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Actually... take this with a grain of salt. But Dwight in a recent interview somewhere actually proclaimed “this moment” as harden’s and, with it, the Rockets’ time.

At face value I was impressed by support for the Rockets and his lack of bitterness. Perhaps he will never have that champion spirit, but Dwight giving props to this year’s rockets in spite of him was pretty high road imho.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

This leads to the primary difference between Nick Wright and most of these other guys. He's one of the only who has watched the Rockets as much as most of us. It's also why I like Matt Moore (@hardwoodparoxysm), Zach Lowe, and Kevin O'Conner so much better than most of these other guys. They watch, they pay attention, and they make their analysis. They wouldn't have made it this far without their knowledge. They aren't there just because of a loud voice or playing experience. They had to prove themselves knowledgeable in order to stick.

The rest of these guys are on TV largely on the grounds of their big personalities. Quite frankly, their analysis shouldn't be expected to be any more meaningful, thoughtful, or insightful than Joe Schmo walking down the street. They just happen to have the loudest voices.

Wylo and arubato like this.
  10. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Yeah that's what I was referring to...I considered him a "supporter" along with nick wright and such.

arubato likes this.
  11. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Indeed. In fact, one need look no further than the TNT crew and courtside folks.

While it may be true that they’re just louder and more colorful than most, these commentator analysts - on the whole, it just baffles me how, as if consensus opinion, many of them were quick to:

1. Call for a sweep or near sweep by the Warriors.
    2. Discredit the style of play that led to a 65 win season
    3. Discredit Mike D’Antoni and his past ability to perform in the playoffs

Whereas I feel like finals ring or not, history will speak well of this year’s Rockets as
    1. The only legit challenger to Warriors with the style and courage to do just that - fight the Warriors to the bitter end
    2. A legit style for which other teams like the Nets, 76ers, and Pelicans will undoubtedly embrace in some form
    3. That Mike D’Antoni will be remembered as an incredible motivator.

Will be interesting to see how consensus opinion shifts further after tomorrow’s win!

glenadyll likes this.
  12. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

cowherd is the absolute worst

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will Cain is MUCH worse than this guy. At least Cowherd loves him some Deshaun Watson.

14. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

LOL. You crack me up brother!

15. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

you're right. i've only seen him speak regarding us one time but that was in fact the absolute worst i've seen

16. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cain is a Dallas blowhard ... hates everything Houston. He probably cheered during Harvey. A real hater.