1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amick: Rockets pushing to trade for Iggy, hope to sign Chandler, no longer working to extend coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

https://theathletic.com/1074007/201...sell-westbrook-to-keep-pace-in-the-west-race/

Buried in the article about The Trade...

2. JW86

JW86 Member

MDA has a lot on his mind and I’m sure Tilman would want another coach before he trades Westbrook or Harden if we don’t do well this year.

BallSoHarden, Ramo$e and c1utchfan925 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tilman never really liked MDA, that is a fact now. I am not going to believe otherwise.

MDA does not make sense now, he just lets WB and Harden roam free.

If Harden wanted him out, he would already be out of the door.

Highlyrated, LabMouse and lionaire like this.
  4. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Finally some real news, assuming we can get Iggy for change, I am all for it. TC would be a good addition too although I would like us to sign some more vets like Thabo (or Korver?) and a 4/5 type of player that can hit the 3. Not sure who that would really be though at this point. We really could use some younger players with athleticism and/or potential like Justin Holliday. There are a couple still out there.

LUK3, Mathloom and Red Hova like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea! Let's trade our remaining assets for a 35 year old who can't shoot so he can play next to a point guard who can't shoot and a center who cannot shoot! Iggy on a buyout or bust.

6. justtxyank

When this pairing struggles D'Antoni is going to get fired.

I think there is a very high probability now that D'Antoni will not be the coach of the Rockets after this coming season with at least a 25% chance he doesn't make it through the year.

There's also a relatively strong possibility that Morey is out after this season as well.

7. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Reading the name Chandler in the thread topic, I had a mini panic attack thinking about Parsons.

pr0wler, Jontro, jayfree and 14 others like this.
  8. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Great.

WB can't shoot for ****. Capela can't shoot. Now let's add Iggy another 3 point bricker while we continue to jack up 3 after 3

Sounds like a winning ploy

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They're going to extend MDA. It just isn't top priority right now.

#9 Plowman, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  10. UrbanEnterprise

I hate Iggy

please no

Dream Shook, juanm34 and ClutchFam like this.
  11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I miss Les....

From what i can remember, "Hands on" owners' teams have never done well. I'm not liking this much involvement from Tillman.

34to11, majicdonjuan, ak99999 and 2 others like this.
  12. justtxyank

[​IMG]

13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Man, Iggy's FT % and 3 pt % went to the crapper the 2nd half of the season. Did it come out that he was playing hurt? Also, wonder if Westbrook was playing hurt last year? Something didn't seem right with CP3 last year either so will be interesting to see where they are all at health wise next season.

ak99999, Ramo$e and basketball like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not so sure about Morey, Morey has always adapted to his environment, this time the owner is even more hard headed.

I am not even sure what you can do defensively.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Am I the only one who doesn't like Iggy? He's too old and not a good enough shooter to be our starting SF. Honestly I feel that EG or House would be more effective than him.

Can our NG bros (Frazier, Chiozza, Davis, IHart, Clark) plus a first rounder get us RoCo?

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I really liked the idea of Iguodala when we had CP3 and Harden. But with Westbrook, that's an awful lot of mediocre to outright terrible shooters in the rotation.

Definitely all for adding Chandler. Even at his advanced age he still excels at cleaning the glass and protecting the rim and finishing lobs.

17. justtxyank

I don't think Morey would quit, but I think there is absolutely a chance he gets fired.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is weird though, getting fired over a decision made by the owner himself with Harden in his ear?

I hope he knows his way around GM town, because there won't be another one who just seemingly is so obedient.

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. justtxyank

Roco would be much better than Iggy but he has real value. He's on a good contract, is an elite defender and an elite shooter. I'd be surprised if we could trade for him.

I'm with you though. I like Iggy as a player, don't like him as a starter now. Our shooting is going to be miserable.

20. justtxyank

Well the owner isn't going to fire himself lol.

CCity Zero and daywalker02 like this.