1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] Paul George "hellbent" on Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed. It's Love or bust, they have zero assets.

I also believe the Cavs would upgrade with George over Love, but going forward, if he bolts next summer eh...good luck, but it's not like they have a lot of choice...

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Give them Ariza and Sweet Lou . They can have our next unprotected first we can offer. They can also have Harrell or onuaku .

I don't like PG's vibe . I don't like that he wants to go to the lakers. I don't like that he couldn't lead INDY to better than the 8th seed ( yes i know their roster is **** : but Jeff Teague , Myles turner , and Thaddeus young are NBA players )

That being said he'd be the second best player on our team . But alone he does nothing . We would need to keep a few of our strong role players or obtain one more top 30 player to even have a chance .

GS' dominance puts so much pressure on the rest of the league . Even though we have harden and had a top 4 NBA record , I'm starting to get jealous of teams like the bucks, 76'ers , and min who know their window is in the future.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Ehh it's not that bad for Cleveland

If they don't win the chip next year it's unlikely they would win in 2/3 years anyways.

Lebron is only going to decline. PG bolting would set them back , but it would also give them an opportunity to let Lebron go to another contender and build around kyrie ( which I wouldn't do ) or get value for both of them and do a total reset.

Vivi likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Curious to see why lakers don't get aftessive about trading for Westbrook with lonzo and de Angelo or Ingram. If they have one solid foundation piece it will be easier by to bring other stars. Now the most important part for them is getting rid of mozgov and deny for some expiring, can't believe they spend stupid money on players like that.

6. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

If the Pacers rook the Lakers into giving up the #2 simply by setting up the Cavaliers as a stalking horse, Pritchard deserves the 2018 Executive of the Year award immediately.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Were they offered something better than Love and a 1st round pick? Because looks like CLE would pay that now vs at the deadline, i.e. Lebron will make them because he's more desperate now than at the deadline.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Make some moves Morey

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. malakas

malakas Member

From all their assets the only offer that can beat the trade value of Love includes the no2 pick.

I don't think PG's value is as bad and that hard to raise tbh. In the end no matter the contract he's still a star top 15 player in his prime in a position of need for most teams.
    If your team is good enough that you feel you are just in the door to contend now, you should be confident to take this chance because players like that rarely go on the market.

11. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Yeah, but the Lakers aren't close to contention right now and George seems to very much want to just sign with them in the off-season. I understand that nothing is guaranteed and a year is a long time, but the Lakers' likeliest road to contention is hitting on the #2 pick and signing George. Trading one for the other, when all the reporting suggests George wants to just sign there, seems like...a very bad idea.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Would Pacers take Ball at #2?

Or is it safer for them to take Jackson?

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep. And just one thing to consider, what if all the rumors about him wanting to go to the Lakers are a smokescreen to scare away teams he doesn't want to get him (like Denver, Atlanta etc..)? I always thought it was kinda strange that at the deadline the rumors were "George wants only the Lakers" and meanwhile he was saying "i want to play on a winning team"...i mean, that didn't make much sense since the Lakers are very far to be a winning team. Yeah, they have some assets, but rumors said that the only player they're not willing to move is Ingram, and he's the best asset they have with the 2nd pick, Russel and Randle are great talents, but so far they didn't impress much...they have also those albatross contracts with Mozgov and Deng which will be very hard to move...their contracts alone would probably eat a good part of Russell/Randle value which might not be that high in the first place.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

Who will be traded this week?

Chances of George have obviously increased. He & his agent told the Pacers Saturday not only are they opting out, they aren't returning. Their preference & likelihood is the Lakers. By telling them now, their best chance to get value is through this draft. Everyone in the league sees George as a rental. You'll have him for one season. How much will you give up? Teams I talked to who might have interest are not ready to offer a great deal. Lakers have to get involved here & do a deal themselves. What if Boston does a deal & he has a great season? All the sudden, Lakers never get a crack. Lakers have to on some level get aggressive to see if there is a deal. I don't know if there's a great appetite to give George what he wants and send him to the Lakers.

Cavs game plan?

They'd like Paul George. He's a prototype on both ends of the floor if trying to compete with Golden State. I don't know what the package is. They have talked. For Cleveland, the assets, if you're Indiana, you're going younger & getting draft picks. Cleveland doesn't have picks to give. Cleveland knows George has no interest in playing for them & no interest staying long term. He doesn't see Cleveland in his future. Cleveland is in a tough spot. David Griffin's deal expires end of the month.

#175 J.R., Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Vivi likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Haha god dang.

Windhorst wants the Cavs to run out Kyrie, Lebron, Paul George, Melo, Bosh as the starting 5.

FML

Rockets fall all over themselves trying to find a way to get ONE star.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Don't forget CP3 & Wade signing for vet. minimum. #idealscenario

BigMaloe, LabMouse, Caesar and 2 others like this.
  19. seeingred

seeingred Member

As much as i hate to say it, it seems like the Rockets' path here is K-Love. The Pacers don't really want him - wtf are they going to do with one aging superstar in the Super-Team era? They'd prefer a 3-way trade that gets them picks and youth so they can tell themselves "when Lebron and Durant get old, our youth will be coming into their primes". I don't like not getting the best player in the deal but if we somehow get an unwanted superstar on the cheap while shipping out rhyno...

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member