1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] Paul George "hellbent" on Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bobby Marks on WOJ podcast today says that essentially every team he's talked to is convinced it's a rental if you aren't the Lakers.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Eric Gordon would look good next to Lance... who isn't quite the shooter and neither is Teague.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

If they're rebuilding, do they really need Teague (and have to pay him)?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, personally i wouldn't keep him, assuming he'll ask a 20Mx year contract or something like that, not a fan of Teague.

5. hlcc

hlcc Member

Another thing to consider, it's in Paul George's interest to get traded to the Lakers instead of signing as a free agent next year. Even after ignoring the $$ from the extra 5th year, he'll stand to lose about $5.5 million if he sign with the Lakers as a free agent next year as opposed signing with whichever team he got traded to this year.
    There's a history of all-nba caliber players in their primes giving up a bit of $$ to sign with a contender, but giving up $$ to go from a contender(assuming he get traded to the Cavs, Celtics etc) to a rebuilding team? That's just insane.

6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Tells you how much he really cares about winning

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I'm not chasing PG13 unless he's willing to consider us next offseason. No way am I giving up all the assists we have for a 1 year rental UNLESS it guarantees us a championship in which we can than convince PG to sign long term and defend the H. I don't see that happening and if he's so adamant about joint no one but LA than I'm passing.

8. hlcc

hlcc Member

I doubt he's coming to Houston anyways. The team don't exactly have much to offer in a trade.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmao that would be a laughable trade for Indiana, EG alone would be better smh...

malakas likes this.
  13. aumate

aumate Member

Who are Indy kidding? Love not enough if that was offered? Lakers not enough? WTF? They have no leverage whatsoever. Paul is fine with playing out the year. He'll be a distraction if he's on the team.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It'll be hilarious if he gets traded once they get PG and worse if he gets traded FOR PG.

Dummies.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Next thing you know Lakers will want also to dump Deng or Mozgov on top of that.
    If I were Indy I rather take a middling prospect and a low first than overpaid trash like Clarkson.

Vivi likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Larry Bird GIFTING a superstar player to THE LAKERS of all teams for a bag of peanuts (Clarkson, Black, and crappy picks, etc.) would be completely sacrilegious in every aspect.

This type of trade would be fueling the whole conspiracy that the league funnels players to the Lakers to help the league financially. I'd think that a team like the Rockets would absolutely beat this deal, and trade for him even if George said I'm not staying in Houston under any circumstance.

So my guess is the Lakers scenarios are agent hogwash to try and jumpstart trade talks on their end because the Pacers so far haven't had any real interest in what the Lakers have.

17. malakas

malakas Member

There's not gifting when the player himself goes to the press saying he's not signing with anyone else and then refuses to even talk to every other team- even good teams.
    In the end everyone has freedom. He will be an UFA and free to make his decisions on where to work.

amaru likes this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Larry bird stepped down

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

what's the point in getting George if he's going to the Lakers. He's obviously not going to be playing 100% for a franchise he's just going to leave the following season. And why the hell LA for, just cause he's from LA? lol I don't get it but I guess it's nice to live there and he can impregnate more gold diggers.

malakas likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member