1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American Pickers find Aerosmith's first van

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, i watched that episode on Monday - still love that show.

DD

GRENDEL, Os Trigonum and Plowman like this.
  3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

When I first saw the title of this show way back when, I thought it was about rural folks hanging out on the porch playing banjo and such like a scene out of "Deliverance". I honestly thought it was about someone who would travel to various backwoods hotspots for jam sessions with locals. lol

Who is painted on that van? It looks like that one comedian who smashes the watermelons.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Pretty cool. Dream On is my number one ever. Like the van.

5. the shark

the shark Member

How much are they selling it for?

My favorite band!! First time I saw them was in '74 after "get your wings".

Have seen them about 19 times over the years.

mikol13 and TheFreak like this.
  6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I want to watch history channel, so I go to history channel and this damn show is always on.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

That's just too many times.

Train 'kep a Rollin...live...is my favorite one

the shark and Jturbofuel like this.
  8. the shark

the shark Member

I remember hearing that song for the very first time as a 12 yr old (Aerosmith's version). I was hooked after the first five seconds.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Wasn't that epic live version at the Dallas Monster Jam or something like that?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No, it's not Gallagher. :D

I watched the episode when it aired and, if I recall, the guy painted on the van is the guy who painted it.

I love this show, but still can't believe how much people pay for some of the stuff they find. I've been to their store a couple of times in Nashville, but they really don't sell much of anything in there other than t-shirts and mugs.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I recently found out that Perry and maybe Whitford didn’t play on the version that’s on Get Your Wings. Or something like that.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

episode was pretty good. Watched it tonight. It looks cool all rusted out. My sister and I hung out with Aerosmith in Washington DC in the 80's because we knew John Kolander from Geffen records. The guitarist came off as a dick but everyone else was light. I randomly ran into Tyler at the prism awards sometime in like 2010, which is for television shows that accurately depict drug and alcohol addiction, and he was like I guess I'm in the right place because everyone here has a lot in common. It was at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Also saw John Salley there, and the hotel owner from pretty woman movie whoever that guy was. I bumped into the I dream of Jeannie actress too. That's my Aerosmith story. So I liked watching the episode.

Os Trigonum and TheFreak like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

utter classic. be sure to watch the end where they sing the Wayne's World theme. Millenials might not get it, but who cares

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is the "American Picker" dude going to restore the van? Or, is he just going to flip it to someone else for a profit? Did he say?

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

25,000 for the van in that condition... seems like they got ripped off. Thing looks rusted out to me and half the cool factor is the aged look on the paint job, you restore it and that's gone.

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

that van takes the whole "we jam econo" aesthetic to a whole new level! (only fans of mike watt and the minutemen will get that.)

i have a friend who won tickets and backstage passes off the radio to an aerosmith concert like 20 years ago...they were hanging backstage and s. tyler came and sat down next to my friend and said "what makes you so special to be back here" and proceeded to talk to him for half an hour - said he was a really nice, down to earth guy.

Torn n Frayed likes this.