1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[America] Boston: Liberal Bastion...and Racist Capital of the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 10, 2017.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I have quite a few relatives in Massachusetts and near Boston, so I've actually been there quite a few times. I think the issue with Racism in Boston is that it is way more in the open than in the rest of the United States. At the same time they do have an elitist attitude and they truly believe they are better educated and more evolved than the rest of the country - which is weird because they treat others so poorly and obviously are not "better" people. In reality they're very condescending to people of color, southerners, people who didn't go to a "good University", and just about anyone who isn't like them.

At the same time, we see people from a town thats 98% white (like some of the smaller surrounding towns in Mass where my inlaws live) try to lecture others on race when they're some of the biggest racists around. These are the people who would be afraid for their lives if they had to walk around Houston for a day because of the diversity.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

From actually living in Massachusetts for the past 8 years this is not anywhere near my experience.

Academics and proffesionals in Boston are first off mostly not native to Boston. Boston has many world class institutions such as all the medical institutions along with elite schools like MiT and Harvard. Most of the people who attend these places are not townies. Their racism or lack of it is almost entirely dependant on where they come from.

The acrual 'racists', the ones who shout racial slurs in sporting events are townies... In other words, locals who never made it enough to escape their local town. Boston has a large percentage of lower class white people who never left their home town. That demo probably has the highest percentage of racists.

#42 fchowd0311, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Just speaking from personal experience, if you even have a tan they give you the square eyes. Neon white only. If people could be clear, it would originate from Boston.

I kid but seriously **** all of Boston. Every last person there is a miserable *******.

4. Buck Turgidson

As was said earlier, it's the locals vs the transplants. There are parts of Boston (Irish, sorry @MadMax) where the bars were too rough for me, and I didn't feel comfortable. I'm a blond/brown haired, blue eyed white guy.

MadMax likes this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Ok then. What’s the breakdown, 90% local/10% transplant? I need to make sure I know how much of Boston can eat a brick.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Transplants' racism is going to be entirely dependant on where they came from. Boston would not have any bearing here.

I honestly don't know the percentage of transplants' in the Boston metro but I would assume it's very high seeing how many institutions in the area are considered 'world class'.

7. Buck Turgidson

Don't go to Chicago.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Boston is pretty racist.. Pretty much well known consensus from New Yorkers

9. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Been twice, was fun both times. One was for a reception near the top of the wills tower, one the highlight was heading to Cicero for the worlds greatest laundromat. Let’s just say it fell short on the claim but the liquor store didn’t mind serving me, even though I was clearly 18.

Not as cool as NYC or anywhere in California but definitely cooler than Boston.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS!