1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[America] Boston: Liberal Bastion...and Racist Capital of the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I do not know much about Boston (I've never been there), but the article below focuses mainly on the perception of Boston by black people and analysis of the number and distribution of black people in Boston.

I don't think that is an entirely fair criteria to imply that an entire city is "racist".

Boston has a 300+ year history, is an iconic American city, and is the headquarters of many prestigious and well-known companies.

It seems as though the Boston Globe expects residents of Boston to put all that history, character, and culture aside for the sake of...something to be determined later.

They point out that there are "x" amount of black people here and "y" amount of black people there, and make the implied assumption that this is due to "Boston".

However, it would be so typical of a bunch of self-professed "liberals" to be considered the most "racist" people in America.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saying Boston is a racist city is true. But that's as cities go. Compare any city (liberal) with any rural area (conservative) and the real racist area comes out - let's put it this way, Alabama is 100x racist compared to Boston

3. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Slow news day?

Yea, Boston is pretty racist. They needed the national guard to desegregate their schools too.

4. dmoneybangbang

It's cute..... the OP is learning that the world isn't black and white....... pun intended.

5. Cohete Rojo

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Racism doesn’t stick to certain regions. I’m sure there is racism somewhere in San Francisco.

We have a hell of a lot of it in the Houston surrounding metroplex. Dickinson, and Sante Fe have had major issues over the years especially back in the 70’s. There are towns off of I10 between Houston and San Antonio with sectioned off parts of the city where African Americans are expected to stay put and the local law enforcement sees to that.

Yeah Boston has Sanctimonious liberals and a history of racial divides. But us Houstonians have very little room to throw stones and not look at our own back yard.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I see you're pulling nonsense out of your ass again. You're one of those who thinks building the wall and the travel ban is racist.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think Trump is playing on people's xenophobia - absolutely. Anyone with 18 operating brain cells knows that though. Guess that exclude you.

Space Ghost likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

I do not think it is appropriate to stray off-topic in order to commend Boston's racism.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You mean counter your attempted narrative to paint Liberals as being yucky human beings? Stick to your deranged posts about unusual cold fronts proving climate change as not changing.

11. Cohete Rojo

Please, read the article before you comment.

That is joke. And to veer off-topic with a bunch of "whataboutisms" is not appropriate. Neither is it appropriate for you to bring up your personal opinions about non-related D&D threads into this topic.

Observe decorum, thank you.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

dobro had to go off-topic because the story didn't conform to his desired narrative... He didn't have a logical response, so he had to go off topic.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Probably should have stopped here.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I have seen far more racism in Chicago than I have in any major city in the South. The police in Chicago is far worse as well. Blacks (especially) are not treated well or liked in Chicago. It is a very segregated city. Boston and Philadelphia are bad as well. A black man on the wrong side of town will draw attention and the expectation that he is doing something wrong. Then again Chicago and Boston are also very class sensitive cities as well.

Racism exists everywhere and It has been my experience that it is as bad and often worse in the North and Midwest.

As for your claim that racism is worse is rural areas, I think there is some truth in that. Go to rural areas in Illinois, or New York and you will see some really racist folks that don’t like outsiders.

FWIW the most racist place I have even been to is Mississippi with a close second being Ohio. The tension in Ohio was like nothing I had ever seen. I still have property in Ohio and had to live there for years. Columbus and Cincinnati were horrible in that regard.

15. prohibido

prohibido Member

Your takeaway is that Boston liberals are actually closet racists? That Harvard professors and MIT grad students sneak off campus and into Fenway to hurl racist abuse at players? Ahh, that's good.

Christ, your ignorance is spectacular.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Liberals are more racist than Conservatives? Neo Nazis and the KKK did not get the memo.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

A few Blacks in Boston: Liberals are racist,
    High crimes in Chicago: Liberals are violent
    Wildfire in California: Liberals can't extinguish fire
    Shooting in Vegas: Liberals did not respect Trump

something is wrong for sure

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The planet is discriminatory whether it be racism, speciesism, sexism, etc... Skin color, hair color, fur color, spots, spikes, large, small, male, female, etc..., animal kingdom is full of sub-conscience discrimination. That said, the human brain is unique and capable of recognizing abstract ideas so admitting discrimination exists without shame or fear is the only solution to understand each other. Judging and shaming make discrimination worse.

19. Cohete Rojo

I did not write the article.
    I did not post that tweet.

I'm just the messenger - don't shoot me.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Well in my experiences the police are racist everywhere. Having lived in NOLA, Houston, Philly, NYC and spending time in Boston as well as having traveled cross country more than a few times - I will say this. The racism in cities is far different than that in rural areas. In cities, blacks are more likely to be seen as criminals. In the country, they along with most other minorities are seen to be inferior and stupid. Sub human. Definitely true in places like rural PA, Maryland, TN, Mississippi. The most racist city is NOLA hands down. And Louisiana in general. Growing up there, friends parents were openly racist and used the N word. When people had parties they would say it was ok for my family to come, because we weren't "N-gers". Stuff like on a daily basis.

People on this board have the wool pulled over their eyes in thinking we live in a post-racial society, except when it comes to try to paint liberals as racist. Oh, many liberals are for sure, but from my experiences, the worst are definitely on the right.