1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 21, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@ghettocheeze
    It would be 3 TV movies airing on AMC very likely and not going to the theaters so no box office.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the only way the rick movie thing works is if they tie it into the breaking bad sequel movie that just got announced. there was the fan theory that the zombie outbreak was caused by walts blue meth. what if the movie is jesse and rick teaming up to create a cure and end the zombie apocalypse?

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I guess I have a hard time buying any Rick storyline where he isn't trying to get back home to his daughter and extended family. If the movies just plan to ignore all that, then it's going to be strange. But, if they play it like he can't get back home but really wants to...and that somehow fits into a new narrative, then it might work. I guess we will see what comes of it. Personally, I thought they should have just killed him off. I mean...he lost a hell of a lot of blood. The zombies are still licking it up off of the miles of road he traversed. He bled out. Yet, he lived. Nah, man. Just nah!

4. jo mama

its just gimple trying to be clever and shocking. but he is so terrible in every way that it just feels insulting.

fake killing off glen
    the 'who did negan kill' cliffhanger
    and now not really killing rick

he likes to f*** with fans and that is why they have lost 75% of their audience.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum, Eugene is different now. Took this long.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

renewed for a 10th season

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I did not watch season 9. It was everything I hoped it could be and more.

CCity Zero and GRENDEL like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe that is the next bold/bald leader taking us to the Championship.

#348 daywalker02, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  9. jo mama

the last two episodes have actually been pretty good - i think gimple is no longer creatively involved with the show...makes a big difference!

they totally blew it with the saviors, but the whisperers storyline has potential.

Obito and daywalker02 like this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I missed last weeks episode, but I thought the intro they had into the series was pretty solid. I've kind of given up on live watching the show though which is kind of telling how even the dedicated watchers are kind like meh.... I'll get to it whenever now.

The show now is basically a procedural drama. It just cycles in new characters, and new enemies. There's no point or purpose to the show other than solving the latest drama like Law & Order, or House MD.

So the Whispers storyline looks like one of the better procedural storylines (like the cannibal procedural storyline), but this show is going nowhere, and has zero percent of my interest anymore.

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yeah I was thinking about posting in here but forgot..

The post-Rick era has started off great, i don’t know what it is, maybe the story line, but it’s just really interesting.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I overheard some people talking about TWD the other day so it got me thinking. Does anybody still watch this show? I stopped after S8. Has the quality improved at all since then?

13. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I still watch this show if the Sunday Night Football game is bad or the Rockets aren't playing. It has not gotten better and they're actually doing another spin off: The Walking Dead: World Beyond. I never got into Fear The Walking Dead but I'll give this new spin off a try when it's released early next year.

GRENDEL and daywalker02 like this.
  14. dobro1229

Question: if I missed the first half of the season in the fall but decided to watch tonight because there’s nothing else on, is there really anything I’ve missed important?

15. Surfguy

Just go peruse the plot section for each Season 10 episode by clicking on each title on Wiki at this location:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Walking_Dead_episodes#Season_10_(2019–20)

That's the quickest way to catch up imo.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m pretty sure someone died of that helps at all.

daywalker02 and dobro1229 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some people that wear skins of the Dead and make little sound. Vague as I can be.

18. dobro1229

I watched it last night. Felt like I missed absolutely nothing other than wondering where
    Michone
    was.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Surfguy

Daryl clearly had a severed artery and would be dead in the real world. He sure recovered fast.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wakanda took her and cured her zombie virus