1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[AMC] The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 21, 2017.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So powerful.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve given up on this show...I tried to hold out as long as I could, but I just don’t care at all about what’s going on

this used to be 1 of my favorite shows, but now it just sucks to me...I thought once Negan was finally introduced the show would be so exciting and just take off, but instead the opposite happened

they have S8 on Netflix...I tried to watch the season finale over the weekend, but about halfway through the episode I realized I just can’t do it anymore

they’ve been going through the same plot cycle for too long...there’s just way too many better things I can be watching than this

this is Rick and Maggie’s last season...this show needs to die

there seems to be no end point...it would be so much more interesting if they focused on why the whole zombie apocalypse happened in the 1st place or if there’s any hope that a cure can be developed...instead we’ve been watching them wander around the woods finding a place to settle down just for some group to come and antagonize them season after season...I no longer care

#322 Reeko, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I though season 1 was the best and if they'd just followed a "why is this happening" plot thread it would have been a hellva lot more interesting....

Once they got into the rinse and repeat villain of the season it really started going downhill.....

It keeps shedding watchers, so hopefully they bow out and just end the show......

http://www.darkhorizons.com/walking-dead-s9-start-its-lowest-yet/

AMC’s “The Walking Dead” launched its ninth season on Sunday night and was down significantly in Live+Same Day ratings.

In fact, Nielsen data shows the episode had a 2.5 rating in adults 18-49 and 6.1 million viewers – the lowest key demo rating since the show began.

It was also down 50% in the key demo and 47% in total viewers compared to the eighth season opener which scored a 5.0/11.4 million viewership. The overall Season 8 Live+Same Day average was 3.4 and 7.8 million viewers.

Even so, the show was still the top-rated show on cable for Sunday night by a wide margin – though has now fallen behind NBC’s “This Is Us” as the top-rated show on TV this Fall – that series averaging a 2.7 after two episodes.

Source: Variety

ghettocheeze and Reeko like this.
  4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Anyone still watching? What they did last night was pretty cool.

Dgn1 and daywalker02 like this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i dont get it. so rick is still alive? is this another glen-fake-out? or when they killed bobby on dallas and brought him back?

im the last of all my friends who still watch - and im only half paying attention. ill keep it on while im doing other stuff like house cleaning or catching up with work.

its no coincidence that this show started going downhill when gimple took over. he destroyed the show.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah he's alive and will have his own story has a AMC movie triology apparently. He will not be on the show anymore.

The time jump is an interesting and perhaps a necessary move to save this sht pile of a show. There was a time jump in the comics as well and the more interesting storylines are coming up. This also almost feels like a spin off.

7. GRENDEL

Yeah it was a total fake out, probably to boost ratings.......funny how they released all the info on Lincoln's new deal right after the episode.......
    So Rick will live on, in 3 TV movies......

He may have officially departed AMC’s “The Walking Dead ” series tonight, but actor Andrew Lincoln isn’t leaving behind his role of Rick Grimes just yet.

THR reports that the actor will reprise the role for three big-budget, feature-length telemovies based on the franchise. Former showrunner and content chief Scott M. Gimple is currently writing the first of the untitled series of films with production to kick off next year. Speaking with the trade, he says this is merely the beginning of AMC’s plans to expand its multi-billion dollar franchise:

“There is more story to tell and we’ll be telling it. The story of Rick will go on in films. Right now, we’re working on three but there’s flexibility in that… Over the next several years, we’re going to be doing specials, new series are quite a possibility, high-quality digital content and then some content that defies description at the moment. We’re going to dig into the past and see old characters. We’re going to introduce new characters and new situations.”

The original plan was to kill off Grimes this season, but story ideas that brewed between Lincoln and Gimple will allow them to continue to tell Rick’s story in another format. Lincoln has confirmed he’ll be in all three films which will initially deal with the time period between his ascent into the sky and the years later time jump featured at the end of Sunday’s episode. They will then go beyond that, and each will be relatively standalone as opposed to a connected trilogy.

Lincoln exited “The Walking Dead” in order to spend more time with his family in England. The current plan calls for him to be in production on each movie for two months with big breaks in between – a much more relaxed schedule than the annual nine months he has spent every year for much of the past decade filming the main series in Atlanta.

The movies will be AMC Studios Original Films and will likely air on AMC, though a partner is also expected to come onboard to share the costs. The aim, says AMC programming president David Madden, is for a: “large, big scope movie that will feel like a major motion picture” as opposed to merely an extended episode of the show. The movies will also NOT be used as back-door pilots for other potential spinoffs.

Madden adds: “There is a multiple-year plan that could include additional series, digital content and specials. We’re looking to broaden this into a universe where the movies that Andy will be in are the highest-profile things that we do”. Each film is expected to come in at two hours and sport a feature film-level budget – a far cry from the main series which cost a cheap $3 million per episode a few years ago and hasn’t really gone up since then.

Those involved are also looking beyond the films at other potential projects with the aim to diversify storytelling and airing formats, global locations, tone and characters. There’s also the likely return of fan-favorite characters no longer in the series with Gimple teasing: “I have one of those stories in progress right now. [That would] not only give us a chance to work with these wonderful people again but to answer questions about their characters.”

The current season is averaging a 4.0 in the demo and 9.4 million viewers

http://www.darkhorizons.com/lincoln-leads-three-walking-dead-telemovies/

daywalker02 and Dgn1 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Precisely. I dun want him dead or undead...... just make a journey like Morgan (Lenny James).

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Norman Reedus, Daryl Dixon takes over teh show!

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

That one of the best episodes they had in a long time.

So is Rick ever going to reunite with the group? Didn’t read if that ever happened in the comics.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I haven’t watched any S9 episodes. For those that still watch, has S9 been an improvement or just more of the same BS?

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You got to be an avid Grimes fan to put up with a lot of crap. I still am.

It will be interesting.

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

The ratings continue to drop but AMC is doubling/tripling down on the Walking Dead universe.

Did Rick depart/die in the comics?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

RIP Scott Hershel Wilson.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I caught a preview of it, somewhere, but it looks like these idiots are actually going to make the zombies talk..... ? Da Fuq!

I guess this will lead to a possible sit down between the living and the dead to "hash things" out and find a cure.

I haven't watched any season 9 shows (and don't plan on jumping back in) who can give me a true synopsis of what happened in last night's episode. Spoilered of course.

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

long read, but perfectly sums up my feelings on this s***show.

as far as neagan breaking down, i think he was playing that up b/c he knew that was the only chance he had to make maggie rethink killing him. pretty smart move and it saved his life.

also, f*** you gimple! this show has been absolute garbage since he took over.

https://tv.avclub.com/rick-grimes-deserved-a-better-sendoff-than-the-walking-1830211946

But the farewell of Rick Grimes is everything milquetoast about the show rolled into one: The insipid philosophizing on death, loss, and family; character beats that do nothing to move a person or plot point forward; lazy out-of-nowhere resolutions wholly at odds with the world the show has created; and squandering a rare chance for true closure on a meaningful part of the series’ history. If we didn’t have ads and AMC and the actors repeatedly informing us this was the end for Rick, nothing about this episode would leave a viewer thinking they’d seen the last of him. Hopefully, if this wasn’t a chance for Rick Grimes to die, it can at least be the last lingering remnant of the pre-season-nine morass of sloppy storytelling dying off. Sorry, Rick—you deserved better.

18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That sounds a lot cooler than what they actually are. They're just people disguised as zombies.

19. GRENDEL

No, him and Carl are alive and well....

20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

So glad this is finally over.

I was still in it for Rick. Stockholm syndrome maybe?

Sat through trash season after trash season to finally get here. Time to say goodbye and move on.

Rick Grimes is dead for me. RIP.

P.S. (Good luck with the stupid movie trilogy. Nobody is gonna watch that in theaters. This show has been bleeding viewers for many seasons now. It will bomb at the box office and everyone involved will be fired. Looking at you Gimple.)

daywalker02 likes this.