1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 21, 2017.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Future of the show?? Are they trying to break the simpsons or gunsmokes’ record? They better improve the story and get out of the damn woods.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Looks like Judith is the future for now.......while still alive.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Negan originally wanted Maggie, the King, and Rick as he said he was going to give them the Lucille treatment. So, the idea that they didn't stick to that and offered an alt out is a bunch of bs (like was said).

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope for 2-4 seasons, murder of Eugene, finally going for a cure.

I dun mind killing off Rick and have Michonne or someone else take over.

And kill the leader of the hobos Jadis as well.

#184 daywalker02, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this, and his ridiculous haircut and hat only made it worse

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It was the new showrunner's call actually. Chandler Riggs had an interview and said he and his parents were shocked. He had just bought a house in suburban Atlanta near where they film.

This show needs to go ahead and end. Should be done by end of season 9 and 10 at the latest. It's already dragged on four seasons too long.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

***DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW HOW THE WAR WITH THE SAVIORS PLAYS OUT IN THE COMICS!***
    im a little behind on the comics, but coral was still alive. and its a shame they kill him b/c in the comics him and negan develop an interesting relationship. they end up imprisoning negan in alexendria and coral will secretly go there and talk to him about girls or problems with his dad. negan becomes his main confidant and negan seems to genuinely like him, but coral still says he would like to kill him. would have been cool to do that on the show.

moving forward, i think they would have been better off killing rick. he is a total idiot now and its entirely due to poor writing...but i cant stand him.

also, in the comics the war is super-bad ass...this season should have been one of the better ones, but it was by far the most boring.

#187 jo mama, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  8. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

well this is going to impact the whisperer storyline

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Exiting Star's Family Member Claims the show Fired them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/11/walking-dead-exiting-stars-father-claims-show-fired-him

Did the same thing to the actress that played Beth

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I stopped watching like five episodes ago. I realized I was actively cheering for main characters to die...so it really wasn't worth wasting any time. Has it gotten any better?

SF3isBack!! and GRENDEL like this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Gotten worse, if you can believe that.

So many plot holes and characters being saved by their writer's shields.

I watched Talking Dead last night just to see what that Gimple 'character' had to say after all this. I couldn't believe when he said that if you look back and "watch a certain episode" you'll see where Carl got bit and Chandler "acted it out with his face"... and that he was surprised that NOBODY saw that and caught on to what just happened.

That's either 1.) bad acting on his part or 2.) bad writing on yours.

Wtf are we playing a guessing game throughout every show now? Wish I could see how that convo went down.... "Let's fill in the gaps of info with the audiences imagination!" stated Scott Muthafu**in Gimple... "Great idea boss!!!" exclaimed the editors, "that's brilliants, wish we would of thought of that!".

I really am hating this show more and more after every half season.

Blurr#7 and R0ckets03 like this.
  12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

They should have just left his bite off screen as he was planting the smoke bombs saving everyone else. His explanation now ruins it for me.

FLASH21 likes this.
  13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I sincerely thank you for saving hours of my time. This show is unbelievably stupid.

Blurr#7 and CCity Zero like this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Exactly. If you have to explain it, you're doing it wrong.

He's making it seem like we're the morons that couldn't figure out his plot twist and actor's expressions.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Gimple seems like a dick based on his appearances and demeanor on Talking Dead.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I was watching it on AMC on Demand...commercials and all...12 minutes left and the damn thing crapped out and sent me to live tv and it won't let me fast forward to where I was....don't care enough to find out what happens

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I realized watching I don't care that Carl is dead. When you don't care that an original character is dead should say something about that he show.

I've been obligation watching for 3 years now.

GRENDEL likes this.
  18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wife and I were actually sad. I thought he would have been the future of the show the way he was leading everyone in their town. That theory lasted all but 10 minutes.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He could have been more, sure, his acting could be better, his persona tougher, we can't have it all.

He was a nice kid, a nice young actor, who was trying. I give him that. Empathetic Coral!

#199 daywalker02, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    DreamShook likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was hoping for a coming of age, puppy love storyline with Carl and Enid. That would have been something sweet during the apocalypse.

SF3isBack!! and daywalker02 like this.