1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All time Low!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RHU525, Dec 23, 2004.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I know I'm probably gonna get trashed for this, but the Rockets are officially over. I don't see an Astros like turnaround happening with this team. They have no players other than TMAC and Yao. No one else can score. Its terrible being swept by the BOBCATS is horrible. I'll probably still be watching the games and being disappointed, but you heard it hear first
    THE ROCKETS WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.. I think we should just call it a season and hope on the Lottery.. oh with the 1st pick of the draft!!!!

Where is Eddie Griffin when u need him??

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

Yeah, this team is terrible. As much as I'd like to blame on JVG, the fact of the matter is that we don't have enough talent. Look around the forum at possible moves within the roster without trades, there is no answer, we can't hide that we don't have good ballplayers. T-Mac and Yao are the ONLY players worth keeping, and EVERYONE else needs to go. We need shooters, rebounders, defenders, guys that hustle, ballhandlers, leaders, we need EVERYTHING!

Thankfully, our nucleus consists of 2 young guys in their mid-20s, so that gives us a few years until they hit their prime. No one else contributes, and we will need a couple of years before we can get through this, because we have done some terrible managing. I'll keep rooting for this team, but we won't make the playoffs, and this season will be a season of growing pains. Let's not be in denial any longer, this team sucks.

4. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

The Truth! :( :( It sucks that I can't laugh at the hornets, bobcats, Chicago or at the downfall of Memphis anymore because we are at their level (memphis will get better, we might get worse as the old legs begin to get rusty). We have no one to trade, JVG won't give the young guys Boki and Barret a real chance.. I'm not putting up the white flag just yet though, we are a NBA team and at once in their life everyone on our team was the "Man" of their community or team. This is a time where the team really needs our support! Don't give up just yet!

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The all time low is when we let Rudy go.

6. rocket3forlife2

from what I saw this season we need to add slashers also.T mac is a jump shooter and sura isn't that good at it yet.Here are some real slashers ginobli,francis,arenas,van excel,a.i,parker I think we could use a slasher in the mix as well.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

You might have been alright if you hadn't brought up EG.

8. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Losing to the Bobcats doesnt bother me that much.
    You have to admit they have an incredible amount of depth for an expansion team. They arent your average expansion team either. No doubt, Rush and Okafor are going to blossom into EC stars there.

What does bother me is that we were their first "away" win.

It's disgusting.

It's true we dont have much trade bait, outside of Mutumbo and Jim Jackson. But I'd really like them to stay too. Yao cant handle it all himself, and there is no shooter (maybe even leader) as good as JJ on this team IMO.

If JVG would just give Barrett a chance. He's shown me he's got "IT", he just needs more playing time to build for our future and learn from mistakes. But JVG wont play rookies. He rather play old man Ward, and Lue. Sura should start and Barret should come off the bench. Ward should stay rotting on the bench, and Lue has just made too many mistakes for me, although he's learned to knock down the open trey occasionally. But so has Barret.

This leaves our only real "future" hole at Power Forward.
    These guys just arent mean enough and dont bang the boards.
    They settle for outside jumpers which dont do much to help Yao's post game.

But hey, the Mavs lost to the Hawks last night.
    So all is balanced in the NBA.

BTW, shooters, rebounders, defenders, guys that hustle...
    sounds like the Bobcats last night.