1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All Hail the Eunuch Kevanna Durant!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Jun 12, 2017.

1. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

If Jordan and Barkley were in their primes today, they'd form a superfriends team too. So they could smoke and gamble together every night after games.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron didn't start "super teams" but I'd say he did "kick off" the era of big names changing teams via free agency. Obviously it happened before him, but The Decision, combined with the rise of social media, really was the start of the free agency frenzy we are accustomed to every summer.

But honestly what LeBron did is completely irrelevant to Kevin Durant's decision. Never has a team remotely this good (73 wins) added a player that good (top 2/3 in the league). Not even close.

don grahamleone and rm365 like this.
  3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

What Kevin Durant did was historic. He made it okay for all those guys who couldn't cut it in the Olympics, to go dominate the Special Olympics without a handicap and still claim a gold medal. Can you say LEGACY?

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think everybody stopped hating Lebron when they realized how big of a load he was carrying in the Heat.

I mean dude led the league or was among the leaders in minutes played for both regular season and the playoffs each year he was in the heat. You can't really say Lebron was carried to finals and titles when he was the guy doing the most work in the entire freaking league, that's why Lebron was pretty much MVP every single year during that 4 year period.

KD oth pretty much just rode the gravy train, yes he was the best player in the Finals but he also got injured and miss a ton of team prior to this, if he was playing on OKC or just about any team no way he sniffs the finals. Instead, he was just able to chill and become 100% while his team blows out or wins every game till the Finals. There's a ton of difference between Lebron making a super team and KD joining a super team.

rm365 likes this.
  5. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I already knew this piece of garbage thread wouldn't be locked. Calling Durants mother a castrated man? But let someone talk about white folks and they're banned. What a joke.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is coming from Ronny Honey Bear.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

first, i am happy KD looks happy in this pic, but you are not missing other people's point, it's about the competitiveness in sports, it's not about KD, KD is just one basketball player, one athlete, when you are an athlete, you are supposed to be competitive, you are supposed to want to beat people, not join people who beat you, i enjoy watch sports because it's competition, if someone beat me in a game, i am going to work harder/get better to beat them, not join them, KD's move only lessened the competition, not improving it, fans are entitled to feel upset when certain sports did not put up a good product, in this case, KD only made NBA less enjoyable, not more.

second, what do you mean he realizes he can't beat GS and Cleveland, he is only 29, he is in his prime, and you are saying a great player in his prime accepted losing, then you call that greatness?? You kidding me?? Look at all the great players, Karl Malone, John stockton, Charles Barkley, Reggie miller, did any of them join the bulls when they can't beat them?

if you still insist it's OK for KD to do so, if you enjoy watching adults beating up kids, then stop watching NBA and any other competitive sports, go watch some third world country basketball league which is not that competitive, maybe bring KD there, he can win even more championships, and he will be even greater in that way if all you want is championships,

fba34 likes this.
  9. hlcc

hlcc Member

Joining MJ & the Bulls was never a realistic option for Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Miller, Ewing etc. The only way for them to join MJ was to sign for the vets minimum, no star player in their prime would do something that crazy. Because of the truly unique cap explosion situation, KD was able to sign with Golden State without making any real financial sacrifice. If Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Miller, Ewing etc had the option of joining MJ without having to make any financial sacrifice during their prime, I'm sure some of them would have jumped at that chance.

Since when did it become a player's responsibility to improve the competition or making the NBA as a whole more enjoyable?

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Waiting 3 weeks to respond? You seem extra salty in this post.

Competition? Uh, Golden State is still competing every night. Are they usually better than the teams that oppose them? Yep. But it's not like the core takes games off knowing that they can send their B-team out there and still win. KD wants to beat people - that's the whole reason he joined GSW; to have the best chance at beating people and winning a title.

He couldn't beat LeBron's Heat when he had Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka. He couldn't beat GSW when he was up 3-1 with Westbrook. He may have been in his prime, but it's difficult not to feel a certain way when you can't get out of your own conference after being up 3-1, with GSW (and other teams) making improvements year after year.

Those players are indeed great. I'm betting that the sting of not winning a ring throughout your NBA career is lessened due to how much money they've earned throughout their career. But that's just my thinking. I know that, if I had a career as illustrious as those guys, I might not have any rings to count, but I can sure count my money.

You're comparing GSW to the 29 other teams as adults vs kids, when that's simply not the case. I'm not arguing that GSW is better than every team, but the "adults vs kids" comparison is too much of a stretch.

You keep thinking that KD only joined GSW because GSW beat him. And thus KD is a "loser," or something. KD clearly saw the writing on the wall - GSW is a monster team that has the best potential to beat LeBron's Cavs, because...oh, because they've already done so, in the past! Maybe KD didn't like Westbrook. There are a lot of factors in play, than just your basic "Oh, he's a b**** because he's joining a team that beat him. What a b****."

Again, you seem awfully salty in this post, bumping a pretty dead thread. But if you want to keep bashing Durant for his choice, go for it. It's like he did something personal to you; if he did, then maybe a Rockets fan forum isn't the best place to vent. If he didn't, then you clearly have an irrational hate towards someone you don't know.

"If you don't like it, don't watch it." - Kevin Durant, 2017.

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

[​IMG]

**~~Kevanna~~**, accidentally speaking on **~~Kevanna~~**

#111 Honey Bear, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017