1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Advice for going to All Star Game festivites, getting tix, etc?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by glimmertwins, Jan 9, 2007.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Hi everyone! I just realized last night that I'm going to be Las Vegas on business at the exact same time as the NBA All Star Game(what luck). I couldn't figure out why the Venetian wanted $500/night for their cheapest room and...well I figured it out - major event in town.

Anyway, I'm a basketball fan for sure but I have a few questions since I didn't get to catch the All Star game in Houston last year(because I was in Vegas for this same conference last year) - I'm in Austin by the way. I'm sure a lot of you local Rockets fans might have attended the game - any advice on what events to catch and which ones to miss? Is the All Star Game worth it? How bout the rookie game, 3 pt, dunk, skills contest?

What's the best way to get tickets for individual events? Should I pay 10x the face value from ticket agents or try and score a deal on the street? Should I apply to be in someone's posse?

Thanks for all your help - I'm still not 100% as to whether I should go - I have a pregnant wife at home and I'll never hear the end of the time I went to the All Star game in Vegas while my wife was at home pregnant and struggling to get around....of course I'll never heard the end of it from my friends if I don't go...