1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Adult Swim] New Venture Bros Episode

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fallenphoenix, Jan 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I hate the release schedule for this series but I’m always all in when they do come. Wonder if Dean will have himself a lady friend this season finally

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Here is co-creator Jackson Public on that 'release schedule' @ SDCC;

Junkyard_Dog and No Worries like this.
  3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

4. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

If you're a fan you should make sure to catch this weeks episode on Sunday bc I am betting it be shown this week and going by the material presented the only time ever. It's the most over the top VB I've ever viewed and I am repulsed, shocked and sickened. Sorry I have delicate sensibilities or whatever but something's in it go too far for me to be ok with.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Well that sounds intriguing

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Anyone have the nerve to watch? I am done with the show.

8. Hippieloser

Of course! I thought it was transgressive in its treatment of Dr. Mrs. The Monarch (or is it "The Sovereign" now?), but that was very much in character given that it was all a VR fantasy of Rusty's. He's had a thing for her ever since she turned him into a caterpillar. It was creepy, but far from the creepiest thing this show has portrayed. All the nudity in the Eyes Wide Shut parody was blurred out in the stream I watched.

The violence was extremely gratuitous (the creators have a real fetish for decapitation), but that's in keeping with the series' entire run.

9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I'm referring to what he eat @ the bar. I know it turned out to only be OSI "Sparkle Dream" @ the end but F that man, don't put that kind of sick evil stuff into this world....

10. Hippieloser

Oh, right, ha! Forgot about that. The cannibalism factor was too over the top for me to be offended, but I understand how some could be personally sensitive to the child exploitation/murder angle. They really took the VR plot as license to aggressively push the boundaries of good taste (certainly not for the first time on this show). I still enjoyed the episode, but it was awfully light on the innocent charm infusing most of their best stuff.

As far as putting that stuff into the world... I get where you're coming from, but child murder and cannibalism was already a part of the world starting with humanity's earliest days. Unless you specifically meant the world of the Venture Bros, which, let's face it, can be a very dark show at times. Rusty had a very traumatic upbringing. As the show has made clear time and again, he's a pretty broken person, and it makes sense to me that even his fantasies would end up in very dark, disconcerting places. Naturally, that doesn't mean you have to enjoy it.