1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Peterson “Dream Scenario” is Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mockster, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only question is if he has anything to offer. He's never been even a decent blocker, in fact he's one of the worst blocking RB's in the NFL and he's never had particularly good hands so he's worthless on passing downs and could potentially get your QB hurt. That's why there's hesitation.

2. mockster

mockster Member

I just saw an interview recently that’s he’s worked on his receiving skills tremendously

I get it, I think he would be great insurance for us and showed he still had some on cardinals

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't get it wrong, I'm on board with giving him a shot, I was just listing the reasons why they might not want to.

Cstyle42 and mockster like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its a shame we didn't pick him up. He's having a really good year.

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yep AP looks very good this season

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. raining threes

But they've got Blue and Peterson whips his kid with a switch.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Smh i knew Peterson would have been good for the texans this year.

deb4rockets and PDJACK7 like this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He was begging to come here smh. We saw today what a good running game can do. Imagine if we had Peterson all year. We already could have been 6-1 very easily. This is why the Texans are mediocre.

9. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

We had nothing to lose by giving him a shot. This is why we have had more bad years than good years. We never take chances, except when Ed Reed fleeced us.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Why do we assume Peterson would perform as well behind this line as he is in Washington? Running backs are a supporting performer in the running game, and this line of ours is trash. Less bad at run blocking, but still bad.

Peterson is a 33 year old running back who has been terrible the last 2 seasons, there's no reason to think he would be any good beyond name recognition. The Texans have taken plenty of chances on seemingly washed up players, and it almost always went poorly (and the fans are quick to talk s**t about how stupid it was to pick up a washed up player)

There are more than enough legitimate things to complain about with this organization, not going after a 33 year old back isn't among them.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

BUT HE LIVES IN THE WOODLANDS SO IT MAKES SENSE!!!!!!

Ahman Green? How'd that go?

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Because the Texans running game has been good, despite the OL. For a while it was the best running game in the league in terms of yardage...not sure if that's still true or not, but they ran really well against the Jags yesterday.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. Nimo

Nimo Member

That was way back when Watson was a threat as a runner. Yesterday was the first good running game they've had in a while. They haven't run for 100 yards AS A TEAM since the Colts game.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not advocating for him but AP probably fits better with this scheme/OL than Miller, especially with how much BoB likes to run up the middle. A big problem with our red zone offense is not having a RB for it on top of a poor OL. Is he any every down back? Maybe not, but if you need short yardage (which we've been really bad at), I wouldn't have minded another option than Miller/Blue.

Remember this wasn't about making a choice between AP and Miller or anyone else for that matter. He just would've been another option on the roster, a very cheap one at that.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Getting rid of their FB makes this even more true.

deb4rockets and Bobbythegreat like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

IMO we certainly should have given him a try out. I'm not sure with the O line here he'd be doing what he's doing for the Redskins, but I just can't understand why they didn't even bother giving him a look.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It wasn't like he was breaking the bank, and I really didn't think it would have been some huge gamble or risk. I think we blew an opportunity to get yet another productive RB on a shaky running game. I mean Miller has never been great, and who knows when Foreman will be ready.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

At the time, I didn't see the point. But if they knew Foreman was going on the IR and not coming til after the bye, then we were dumb not to even bring him in...

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think they knew

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Who knows what they knew then. I mean supposedly Watson was too injured to fly this week, but not too injured to take hits on the field. The mysterious minds at work in managing this team never cease to amaze me with bewilderment year after year.