1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker (New Supervisor of the Mueller Probe)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 7, 2018.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

thats another bizarre thing about trump constantly attacking CNN. they have his supporters and surrogates on there all the time defending him. corey lewendowski was a paid commentator at the same time he was on trumps payroll!

cnn gives his supporters airtime to defend him and straight up lie, which youre right, is a form of journalistic malpractice. trump should be thanking CNN for allowing this.

he pretty much ignores the more outwardly liberal/democrat msnbc and instead has chosen to go to war with CNN, who of the three major cable news networks does the best job of giving "both sides" time to make their argument.

i wonder if its done as a way to keep his supporters from venturing over there to see whats going on. there is a danger that the less brainwashed of his supporters might be turned off by fox and want to go elsewhere. this strategy of constantly attacking CNN might help keep his supporters locked into fox. he doesnt need to attack MSNBC b/c he doesnt need to worry about any of his supporters going to them. its CNN that could peel away fox viewers, so maybe thats why he goes after them?

#81 jo mama, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    quikkag likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump's appointment of this guy is a high crime against the united states.

If Republicans have an ounce of patriotism and pride left for this great country, they will impeach Trump immediately.

But I doubt it - it seems they only care whether or not a black man stands during the national anthem at a football game

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, this is what caused trump to fire the last one...

Amiga and quikkag like this.
  4. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

One could almost get the impression that DOJ senior ethics officials are effectively safeguarding proper conduct of the investigation, despite all efforts to the contrary.

mdrowe00 and NewRoxFan like this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Pretty comical watching mojoman pretending to be a calm and rational poster. What are the odds for when he melts down and reverts to normal frothy form?

6. NewRoxFan

I wonder if this is the reason whitaker all of a sudden is agreeable to recusing himself?

mdrowe00 and quikkag like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What if Q Anon was actually Jeff Sessions and Trumped goofed and booted him before he could finish investigating the Clintons?

8. NewRoxFan

And here is why trump has tried to lie about his relationship with whitaker...its pretty clear he would have to recuse himself.

quikkag likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think there is a chance Whitaker will recuse himself.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love that Whittaker is on record as claiming that Marbury v. Madison is the worst Supreme Court decision ever. And hes in charge of the Justice Department.

Of course he's not going to be worried about ethical minutiae like whether he should recuse himself. He essentially thinks the Supreme Court as it exists is "a mistake".

11. adoo

adoo Member

Maryland sues to stop Trump's ‘unconstitutional‘ appointment of
    Whitaker as acting AG

Maryland is involved in a lawsuit against ihe US Gov't on matters related to the ACA;

in this connection, it is seeking an injunction that would prevent the Trump administration from
    responding to the state's lawsuit, or,
    in the alternative, for a federal judge to name Rosenstein as a defendant over Whitaker.

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/maryland-trumps-appointment-of-whitaker-as-acting-ag

#91 adoo, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I disagree. There’s a very good chance he had not considered potential obstruction of justice liabilities he faces when taking any actions on the Mueller probe.

He also didn’t know the Democrats would take back the House when he accepted the gig. He also didn’t know that the state of Maryland would file a lawsuit that would go to a federal judge.

I could definitely see him back peddling and giving into the pressure to recuse.

13. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

Jeff Sessions was awfully quick to recuse himself after his meeting with senior ethics officials from his DoJ.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The DOJ Office of Legal Counsel is expected shortly to issue an opinion in support of Matthew Whitaker's installation. This legal opinion will apparently be based on legal guidance previously offered by the DOJ back in 2003, in response to which nobody complained at the time.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I would say being intolerant towards the protected classes and even then I'd include the poor and the underserved.

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Protected classes? Such as Christians?

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

And herein lies the paradox when Christians start ragging on the gays and the Mooslims, denying them basic civil rights.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

That sounds like a no. So, by recommending tolerance for "protected classes," you mean Democrat left approved "protected classes". And if you are not a supporter of the Democrat left, then no tolerance for you.

Gotcha.

cml750 likes this.
  19. jcf

jcf Member

I get that position. I can see how that should at least be the starting point of the analysis (not discounting that you may feel and maybe it should be dispositive.) Thanks for responding directly to the question.

20. NewRoxFan