1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Acceptance is GOOD for the soul.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Mr.Scarface, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Accepting that the Astros are what they are....is good. Your expectations should be a team that plays well in the regular season....but chokes in the playoffs. Accepting that means you can still enjoy baseball, but your expectations never get too high. It worked for Cubs fans for 100 years. Enjoy the experience......:)

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

dude we f*cking get it. believe it or not you're not some wise sage or baseball prophet, no one really gives a rats a$$ that you have zero faith in our team. surely not enough for you to start a sh!tty thread when you've espoused your pessimism in every other thread on this forum already.

find something more productive to do with your time and leave us be.

3. the shark

the shark Member

"They are what they are"?

They're one of only four teams still playing.

It's tied up 2-2 and you're all doom and gloom???

Please shut the F up!!!!!

marks0223 likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I always knew you were a loser.

Daddy Long Legs and marks0223 like this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So...when they lose tonight....down 3-2.......and the bats are still silent, comeback and post "everything is FINE". LOL

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No....i am just tired of seeing the Astros choke on their own expectations. They have done it many times in 50 years. Why expect it to be different?

7. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Why the need to troll? It's just sports man. I'd love to see the Astros keep this great season going but whatever the outcome life goes on with very little impact.

8. the shark

the shark Member

If they lose, yes they'll be down 3-2, and you'll still be a pr$%k!!

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And when they win, you'll disappear or say "Well, they still need one more." Just let us enjoy this moment as Astros fans instead of spewing your pessimistic garbage all over the BBS. If you don't believe in the team, go watch Big Bang Theory or some ****. Leave the rest of us alone.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with the OP that we need perspective. Perspective though is also recognize that the series is tied, we still have our two best pitchers coming up and at least one more game at home.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Not falling for easy troll bait.

Seen multiple other posters pull off the “debbie downer troll” persona a lot better than this

Next

12. Daddy Long Legs

Theres nothing logical about that. In my philosophy classes a relevant example was brought up.

If a human has a huge bag of apples and each time he reaches in the bag he draws a bright red apple, then he will probably assume every single apple in the bag is bright red.

But nothing about that experience proves the next apple he draws will be bright red. For all we know, the next apple he draws could be green.

Astros mightve drawn 50 bright red apples in a row in their franchise history but that really doesnt give you any evidence that they will draw a bright red apple this year.

Heres to hoping we draw the green one

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

This is the kind of post I'd expect from one of the millennial troll dorks. 2 near identical threads to tell us how little faith you have in the team? Very disappointing for a 14 year vet. I'm not going to report the post, but someone else probably will.

MrBear1 likes this.
  14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I thought i was going to destroy something watching that game unfold. Cant get my hopes up too much.

15. Daddy Long Legs

Some people believe that faith and or hope is good for the soul.

Personally, I’m more of a “hope” guy then a “faith” guy but Im def not an “acceptance” guy.

To each his own though.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What a dipshit.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The OP's main problem is he thinks local choking is only limited to the Astros.

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Rockets are 2-0!!!!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.