1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd Attempt: GOP/Trump Repeal & Replace ACA and Trump lie about pre-exist coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 30, 2017.

1. dmoneybangbang

I work for a specialty pharmacy benefits manager that didn’t exist before ACA that serves the intellectual developmental disorders population (the political correct for mental r****dation and other development disorders).

For profit is part of the issue but not all of it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

[​IMG]
    WORST POTUS EVER.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

1) If you worried exclusively you might be paying more taxes than you personally benefit from you do not seem interested in caring for others. Ayn Rand, "Virtue of Selfishness"?
    2) We pay about 2 x's per capita of what they pay in Canada and other National Health Care systems. Also they cover others,
    which some see as a moral imperative.
    3) See bernietax.com to see how much you would benefit. Unless you are roughly in the $200 k plus range you will come out better and then, how about some compassion for others if you are basically having a good life?
    4) For a mea culpa from one of the top propagandists for the private health care lobbyists.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

For four years we have heard trump spew out this empty promise as he takes away affordable health coverage from millions including those with pre-existing coverage. Four long years, and nothing. With trump's constant pathological lying about, well, everything... no way people should start believing him now...

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

trump lie... "expensive?". At the very least ACA slowed the rapid rise in health care costs while providing millions with access to health care coverage...

Name the much-criticized federal program that has saved the U.S. $2.3 trillion. Hint: it starts with Affordable
    https://www.statnews.com/2019/03/22/affordable-care-act-controls-costs/

Examining Health Care Spending Since Obamacare

"Unpopular"? Another trump lle

KFF Health Tracking Poll: The Public’s Views on the ACA
    https://www.kff.org/interactive/kff...esponse=Favorable--Unfavorable&aRange=twoYear

Poll: Obamacare More Popular Than Ever
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucej...bamacare-more-popular-than-ever/#3d39c20845c3

If trump can't even present an argument against ACA honestly... how can anyone believe him when he says that now, after four years of doing nothing, he will replace it with a better plan that increases coverage, reduces costs, and protects those with pre-existing conditions?

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or maybe it's because Roberts doesn't want to see the USSC deciding something that should be handled by the Legislative Branch as he said in his previous ruling on the ACA.

Not everything is about corporations versus the worker.

dmoneybangbang, RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Really?

This can't be true.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Per #1, seriously screw you if you’ve followed my post history here and you honestly think you can get away with pegging me an ayan rand type. That’s so out of left field I don’t really know what to say. My wife is a Bernie hardcore supporter and I almost voted for him myself. Your purity test nonsense is the reason that many are turned off with not so much Bernie but his high and mighty ******* followers.

2. I know!! Are you new around here? Have you never heard me say Bernie is right on this issue and basically everything else at a high level?

3. That calculator is great. If correct I would save 7k a year almost. However why am I just now seeing this? Why is it this almost hidden? Bernie had more money than any other candidate and m4a is his biggest issue, and he couldn’t get this out there TO ME?? Hiding the issue of tax increases is what gets progressives in trouble. Even when you first posted here the other day you didn’t even mention taxes. Turn what you think is your weakness on an issue into your strength. Especially when it’s not really an issue cause most people understand debits and credits.

That’s basically my point. Bernie is a great messenger typically but him and the progressives need to seriously think about how to educate people easily on what happens to their home debits and credits under his plan instead of sunshine and rainbows political happy talk. Most people are sold that some form of universal health insurance is needed and have no faith in private only. It’s getting people educated on what works best financially and the affects of their home finances that are missing from the debate.

You and many many others are still preaching values and it’s really offensive to preach at people like me who are on your side on this issue. You and the Bernie diehards are missing the point and that’s probably why Bernie isn’t the nominee right now.

The values debate is won. Drop the messiah complex and let’s talk details at this point within Democrats progressives and some independents.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Hallelujah!

Preach brotha.

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

13. NewRoxFan

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The details are easy. Their plan is for poor people to die.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Its amazing how trump, his press sexytary, and fox news all insult republicans and the entirety of the American public on a daily basis... blaiming Democrats on their ending the Affordable Care Act and removing affordable health care from millions of Americans (including those with pre-existing conditions).

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Roberts gives me hope, but you never know.

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well, yeah, under national health care you still have issue of management etc.

conquistador#11 and RayRay10 like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

I bet ya'll missed that "full and complete" health care plan trump came out with. Must have been the same week his Infrastructure Plan came out so everyone missed it...

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

More lies re: affordable health care...

KingCheetah and RayRay10 like this.
  20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-white-house-everything-s-coming-in-two-weeks

In Trump’s White House, Everything’s Coming in ‘Two Weeks’

KingCheetah likes this.