1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd Attempt: GOP/Trump Repeal & Replace ACA and Trump lie about pre-exist coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hope they win, though I'm betting too much on new active voters to support more sweeping reforms towards single payer.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The ACA needs to be tweaked, not repealed. Get the private insurance companies out of the mix and ensure every doctor around the country accepts the plan. It should never have remained a for-profit system that doctors/hospitals had the option to not accept, and far too many doctors and hospitals simply decided to not accept ACA plans.

Also, do not fine people for not having health insurance, unless you ensure every doctor/hospital in America accepts all ACA plans.

RayRay10 and edwardc like this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Perfect timing for a punch right in the gut of American as they are going down. Corporation massive layoff is very possible in the fall. Imagine all of those ppl losing their private ins + 20m on Obamacare no longer have health care to turn to. Chaos inducer might just not be a fair enough description. Sometime, you think there is a master plan to destroy America.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Let's have choice. Everyone can keep the ACA with the exchanges and rules or their private employer granted insurance if they like either.
    Everyone else can have Medicar4All at no charge or say maybe $5 a tpoint of service with , copays or deductibles.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

My prediction: Roberts especially and the Repubs on the Ct. do not have the balls to repeal the ACA. It is the for profit corporation's best defense against National Healthcare for all as it was devised by Romney and Obama to do.
    Got to preserve the overall support for the Supremes when needed to save the corporate real money.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you are going to have that debate at least have it in a genuine way. The issue is people don't yet know, and nobody can yet say how much taxes will go up as the cost of your monthly paycheck deduction goes away.

FOR ME: I right now pay monthly (or deducted from my paycheck) over 1,300 flipping dollars. That a mortgage payment on a decent home to many people. Thats insane, and I know I'm not alone as millions of people in the US have companies that pay the bare minimum on insurance, and fork the costs over to their employees.

So in theory its VERY hard to see the tax increase being higher than what I would have deducted so yes.... more than likely, M4A works for me, and many other Americans better than the current system.

However until Bernie and the Progressive Caucus can provide real debit, and credit numbers, people are going to think it's not worth the risk to take away the current system and laws that protect pre-existing conditions, etc. and gives the ability to have an easy expansion to a public option that can be open to people like me who have crappy health insurance plans through their company, and maybe that public option will force competition that lowers costs.

I'm sorry, but you're going to lose this debate until the Progressives can produce the tax increase estimates so people can do the math.

Politics and ideology aside, the Healthcare debate is about managing your family's cash flow and total take home expenditures. It's a business decision, not a political one. How do we get a proper health insurance policy that gives my family the most retained total take home cash flow back into our account for managing our home finances more affordably.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I agree that roberts will be the deciding vote... hoping he doesn't want to have his court known as the one that took affordable health care away from millions of Americans facing huge hospital bills from the current pandemic...

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be near impossible to have a detailed value of tax increases due to the dynamic nature of our economy that can effect tax revenue? This is more like a dynamic systems problem than a mere accounting problem. How do we exactly know how much tax revenue might increase from things like employers not having to subsidize premiums anymore or more people having routine check ups catching things before they become more expensive to cure?

9. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Obamacare is a piece of turd to begin with, it was designed to fail from the start. Obama was a gutless wimp. He wants universal healthcare but was afraid of the debates, so he has to sneak this b*stard of a program in, where it did not make a lick of sense for the insurers as well as their physicians. Healthcare is a complex issue, but it does not have to be.

We used to have a decent healthcare system although it was not perfect( no system is, you always have to give up something for something else, just a fact of life). Somewhere along the way, greedy bastards have turned this once decent system into the beast that it is today.

Most of us decent doctors in the healthcare field wanted reform for some times, but not to destroy it that it becomes a cluster fukk. If the rest of the nation wants universal healthcare than let’s have an honest debate about it. We just can’t go around forcing crap down the people’s throat in terms of Obamacare and make them like it.

#1229 generalthade_03, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

For calling it such a piece of turd, Obamacare has literally saved thousands of families from going bankrupt because insurers were forced to cover them due to the ACA. Look at data for medical debt related bankruptcy filings and notice how they dip significanltly after the ACA.

I can agree that the ACA is a half measure as there are still too many families not insured and deductibles are still absurdly high. But the other option is an actual turd who has no plan.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't the biggest issue that helped Democrats win in the midterms, Republicans attempt to remove ACA? So Trump tries this in an election year?. I don't get it. It seems like a strange move.

RayRay10, jiggyfly and edwardc like this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

If you hated it so much who did you vote for to get it fixed i know not the clown that is in office now he has lied so much about all that he was going to fix and change but has done nothing now the health care system that is in place is over worked and without the things needed to help people with the current crisis his hole term has been nothing but a disaster I'll say it again till people get it WORST POTUS EVER.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The problem for them, it will probably not be heard until After the Election.....maybe after Biden would take office. If that happens, Biden would move to withdraw this challenge before its heard. So, I guess they hope to do it before Trump would leave office.

14. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I was not the only doctor who hated it, it was unanimous amongst all of my colleagues. As for who should be able to fix the mess that Obama left us? That’s hard say, I feel that whoever is in charge will have a stroke first trying to fix this crap. The best thing is to let it die a quick death and start again.

#1234 generalthade_03, Jun 26, 2020
    glynch likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

16. NewRoxFan

trump and the republican senate had four years to come up with a reasonable replacement to ACA and protect those with pre-existing conditions. But it simply has not been important to them to do so. Instead, they focused on pulling a plug on a popular program that is reducing health care costs, just because it was associated with President Obama.

joshuaao, RayRay10, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  17. edwardc

edwardc Member

True again 45 and this senate has been the WORST EVER at there jobs.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I know it’s difficult but I’m just saying as long as it’s an unknown or there’s a lack of education on how the tax increase will be calculated, people will always assume the worst. I’m for some form of universal healthcare because it’s the right thing to do, but managing my families cash flow is really important. I think more work and analysis needs to be done for M4A to sell me vs the relatively known costs of a public option. I’m on the Bernie side on this issue and even I am saying more is needed to sell Americans who are desperate to get their home finances under control.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They won Congress in '14 because of OBummerCare and "lavishly breaking the budget" on Solyndra, Obama Phones, car bailouts, and welfare/unemployment benefits throughout the Great Recession.

Wut an ass.

#1239 Invisible Fan, Jun 26, 2020
  20. NewRoxFan

The folks at the Lincoln Project are on top of this... send them letters, make calls, make sure republican senators get tied to this trump move...

RayRay10 likes this.