1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2k18 feature all-time teams for all 30 franchises (alongside the specific teams)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Aug 11, 2017.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Man, some of these rosters are gonna be awful! Hornets/Bobcats, Pelicans, Wolves, even the Mavs outside of Dirk...

da_juice likes this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Mavs will probably be the 2011 squad plus Brad Davis and Tarpley.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Houston Comets All-Time Team would be rated higher.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Hakeem, Yao, T-Mac, Francis, Elvin Hayes and Rudy T are definitely in the game. Moses Malone wasn't in it last year even though he was in the game in every years past. Not sure if they lost the rights or something. If that's the case, I highly doubt they have Ralph Sampson and Calvin Murphy either. The rest of the all time team will probably be filled out with current players and Horry, Battier, Kenny Smith etc. Basically players they already have the rights to. Don't expect any detail either. They throw in a bunch of generic looking last gen faces for the retired players and crappy detail to the uniforms and arenas. Still no Reggie, probably no Barkley, didn't have Kareem last year, etc.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Who cares? Hardens not on the cover of 2k. Wont be buying.

Get that irving trash outta here

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Moses died and it seems to mean players get taken out, same with Anthony Mason. I also have doubts about Murph & Ralph. Ow well..

Caesar likes this.
  7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Celts, Bulls, Rox, Pistons, spurs and 76ers will give them a pretty good fight. I'm sure i'm missing out some other teams as well that could match up very well with lakers.

8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Sold xbox, 2k too greedy

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

No James White?

11. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Paul is going in

CP3, Stevie Francis, Calvin, Pat Bev(cause I like him)
    Harden, Drexler, Super Mario, lots of guys that aren't near as good as the first two
    McGrady, Tomjanvich, Reid, Horry
    Sampson, E Hayes, Thorpe
    Olajuwon, Moses, Yao

those first two lineups... tasty. the twin towers live.

and the center and PF rotations... man we have had some good big guys

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

For the historics, based on pure all-time impact and individual play: does Maxwell have a case over Mike Newlin & Leavell?

13. fattz

fattz Member

Come on Magic, Worthy, & ONeil come of the bench, get real. I don't like them but have to respect them.

14. chonox

chonox Member

With so many rocket greats in the past its hard to pick but if I had to pick the greatest top 5 rockets of all time its hard to go past:

1. Bobby Brown
    2. Bobby Brown
    3. Bobby Brown
    4. Bobby Brown
    5. Bobby Brown

Because he spits hot fire (from three?).

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Not hating at all, but just check out some of the other teams.

Lakers will start off as favorites, but not quite as big as margin as you are giving them credit for.

16. fattz

fattz Member

The Lakers have had a "who's who" of players in their past. I am somewhat confident they could beat an all NBA team. That is why I do not like them because has been almost unfair over the years. Now is the only time they have not had at least one top 5 player (in their position) in the history of the NBA

17. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I call BS on the lakers putting Kareem at PF just to get Shaq in?

We should definitely have Harden at PG

Why don't we just go with.

Harden
    Tracy
    Hayes
    Malone
    Olajuwon

Heck Clyde's ws is better than Harden... why not use him at 2G and Tracy at PG? Calvin's ws is better than Francis.

18. fattz

fattz Member

In? it is more like on the team they have Wilt C. too at center. West and Baylor, too.
    West, Koby, Baylor, Kareem & Chamberlin
    Bench: Magic, Worthy, & Shaq
    That beats the league's best 8 man rotation.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

#59 J.R., Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Just as I predicted, it looks stupid with retro players on todays modern jerseys. I expected no detail, and that's what I got. But, as a PC gamer, the modding community will have a lot less work cut out for them, so its all good.

Told yall Hakeem would still have that horrible cyberface. So do a lot of others. They all look like 2005 cyberfaces ported to new gen b/c they don't care about them looking accurate, and just milk money off their names and decent amount of likeness in the game.

Grant Hill/Steve Smith NBATV connection and the Dream Team are some of the only retro players that look accurate, except it looks like karl Malone is still the same old last gen port again, and Bird still has stupid hair texture and stupid high striped socks.

HAHA @ Wilt Chamberlain's face. Garbage. They all look horrible. Ruins it completely if I were a console gamer. I'll wait till December or January until there are enough mods for PC.