1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#25 Cincinnati vs Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Saturday 230p TDECU Stadium

Radio: 950am

Tv: Espn 2

Line : Cincy -7

1st Half Line: Cincy -4

Totals : 51.5

Money line : Cincy -290 Coogs+245

Weather : 65 degrees

Last win vs ranked team 10/27/18 vs #21South Florida

Go Coogs!!!!!!!!

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

the one year UH has as many as 5-6 opponents that are top 25 ranked teams on their schedule just happens to be this year :(

Nook and DonnyMost like this.
  3. solid

solid Contributing Member

This one will not go well. Coogs will be lucky to avoid a blow out.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Rough start. Yikes

5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Its all about next season. This season is a joke.

Fulgore likes this.
  6. MystikArkitect

What happened this season

7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

At least we have a good punter. Wonder if he can run or pass or block or rush the passer or defend against the pass? We need some serious help in all of those areas.

8. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Bryson Smith our next QB?

Fulgore likes this.
  9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Well, that interception by the coaches son took away any momentum we had. We were back in the game and looking good and playing hard. Honestly, I am not impressed with either of the Holgersons.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

A few thoughts.

• Our offense is a total clown fiesta running 3 QBs and the wildcat.
    • Our defense has serious tackling issues that remind me of the Briles years.
    • The fans are MIA. It's a beautiful fall day against a ranked team with a late kickoff and the stadium is half empty. Pathetic.
    • Baby Holgorsen can run but his arm needs work.
    • The only reason we aren't down 30 is because Cinci is letting us live off of prayer throws.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Lol what a terrible call. Late hit my butt.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  12. Poloshirtbandit

Sun was kinda rough. Lots of fans hanging out in the concourse. Doesn't help that the Astros are playing tonight. Announced attendance was 25000.

Got to sit next to a Cinci player's dad so that was kinda cool.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

It's like I keep repeating the same nightmare every weekend. I just gotta figure out who's behind all of this and put an end to it.

[​IMG]

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Did UH make the wrong choice? We could have gotten this with Applewhite.

Fulgore likes this.
  15. Poloshirtbandit

I'll give another year before I make that decision. There were spots where the defense actually looked good. The receivers dropping wide open passes was really rough.

solid and Pat like this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

We have to give him a few years. He inherited a team that gave up 70, 63, and 59 points in three games, and a team that was consistently quitting. That's like not even having a defense out there. You can't fix that in one year.

solid, Pat and Poloshirtbandit like this.
  17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We need 2 good recruiting classes and to hit on some transfers to make up for the bad classes Opie signed to fix the talent issue we have. Opie finished 4th and 5th in recruiting in the AAC that should never happen with the recruiting base we should have locally.

solid likes this.
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Dana’s not the wrong choice, but the team really sucks. The bottom completely fell out before Dana arrived. Major Applewhite had a whole lot to do with that. The Army game was a real good foreshadowing of things to come, and it’s going to take a while to undo the damage. I think Dana can get them going again, but there seems to be a lot of dysfunction, and I’m absolutely not sold of his defensive coordinator hire. My gut says it’s going to take a while before they get good again.

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I am very much open to the idea that Holgerson was the wrong choice. But that judgement won't be made this year. (Next year doesn't feel too early to me.) Obviously mob-money Tilman values loyalty, but we had a pretty nice run of years hiring one young hotshot after another and reloading. Holgerson doesn't inspire me. Not yet, anyway.

Watching the game, I couldn't help but be reminded of that old saying, "If you've got three quarterbacks, you don't have two." At least that kept things interesting. However, there's pretty much zero big play ability on either side of the ball right now, and little expectation of winning against a half-decent team. Not sure how you're supposed to recruit when the team is a confusing joke, but you have to be smart to make millions of dollars as a coach, right? He'll have to because this is the least talented UH team in more than a decade. I will give the coach and the team credit for playing hard and not getting blown out. That would be pretty easy to do after the "tanking" redshirt debacle. But by no means does this look like a quick turnaround job. Not much to do but settle in. Basketball starts soon enough. :D

20. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

After this coming weekends game against UCONN my lack of inspiration for Holgerson and this team leads me to believe that other than the UCONN game we will not win another game all year. I am open to change my mind on Holgerson provided he shows the ability to build this program back to respectability through proper recruitment. Tanking and bringing back retreads for another year and clogging the pipeline is not a step in the right direction in my opinion. I think he needs to move his son off the QB depth chart and make him the waterboy. I would be looking at Bryson Smith at QB a little more to see how much Greg Ward he has in him. He makes a lot of mistakes both as a receiver and as a punt and kickoff returner but that bomb he threw last week looked pretty good to me. I would like to see if that was a fluke or if there are a few more of those available where that one came from.