1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah it is picking up I will finish it today.

I can see some people feeling frustrated because it's confusing to follow.

I had to do some research and figure out what the timelines where, I still think they could have streamlined some stuff, the Iraq trip was not necessary, I also don't like that everything is so enter-twinned, it's a bit too convenient.

Baptiste was showing on PBS, I started watching and bailed but I will go back watch.

Anyway I am enjoying the show and would recommend, just wish it was a bit tighter and logical.

Will be interested if they stick the landing.

2. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

If I remember right the ending felt a little rushed and
    Baptiste's fate was unanswered, which sort of ticked me off
    . I don't know that I'll ever rematch it, there's so much good stuff to watch these days, but I'll definitely watch the new Baptiste show at some point--so long as that dysfunctional family from season 2 isn't around, that is.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The new show has totally different characters but they still have a specific type of character and a specific type of establishment which I noticed.

4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I see Amazon has it but it's not free. Will wait a bit.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You can do the trial BBC subscription to watch when you are ready.

6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'll have to wade in carefully. Too many British shows make me want to rip my eyeballs out.

CometsWin likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Snowpiercer has not been bad.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is a neat channel

CometsWin likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

@FrontRunner

Finished The Missing, I really liked the ending.

Been a long time since I had a twist that I did not see coming.

I would highly recommend for anybody that likes a dense show that you have to pay attention too, a lot of excess but worth it.

I am pretty sure the show Baptiste picks up after the end of this.

I am gonna watch the shows the writers of this one have done currently watching Retribution, I hope this formula does not get old.

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Good deal. I don't even remember the twist now. Just the location and something about a cafe. Your reaction has me really looking forward to Baptiste now.

Did I ask you about Zero Zero Zero before? It's a totally different kind of show, but it's excellent IMO. I've been savoring it for weeks now. I want to be in the right frame of mind for the last episode. The actor that plays Baptiste actually has a small part in it.

I have one to go on Tennison now, and it's kind of wearing on me. I liked the main character and the setting, but it's feeling very predictable. Might go on a movie watching binge next...

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Twist might be the wrong word, unpredictable is probably better, I could not predict the ending which is something I can usually do.

I been hearing great things about Zero but have not been in the mood for a drug type drama, will watch eventually, I am currently finishing Top Boy season 3, the 1st 2 were great.

Also watching Retribution from the same writers as The Missing only 4 episodes so it will be quick.

I was surprised you were so in on Tennison because it is very predictable but the characters are interesting.

12. Damion Laverne

Netflix - "Surviving Escobar: Alias JJ"
    Nosey - old episodes of Sally Jessy Raphael

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I typically go for mysteries, sci-fi, and horror. But Zero Zero Zero is great (Italians created it). Not to get your expectations up, but each episode is like a movie. It's told from the perspectives of three different groups: the mafia/drug buyers in Italy, the cartel/military in Mexico, and the American family transporting the drugs. Sometimes one group gets tiring, but so far it's one of the best shows I've ever seen. Hopefully they stick the ending.

I watched the trailer for Retribution. It looks really good. Going to have to get Netflix again someday when our expenses come down.

You were right about Tennison. It's not terrible, but it's like the hired soap opera writers to write it.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer for Top Boy. I was thinking pass at first, but it started looking really good too.

#413 FrontRunner, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  14. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

brad pitt space movie on hbo was pretty dope, im a sucker for any space movie with a budget :)

FrontRunner likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I watched Gomorrah sometime back on the Sundance Channel and its from the same people as Zero, its subtitled and a bit over the top but good.

The Widow is on Amazon and from the same writers and looks good, I will eventually watch.

16. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'll have to check these two out. I honestly can't stand anything Kate Beckinsdale has ever done, but that looks pretty good.

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I got bored half way through The Widow and didn't really decide to stop... just never got back to it.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I can see that happening these writers seem to like to complicate things too much.

Maybe too clever for their own good.

Why did you get bored?

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Looking back at where I was I actually only made it a couple episodes in. It didn't really grab me. This was some time last year, I think at the time another season of Bosch came out after I watched the first two episodes and I decided to go watch that and then forgot about The Widow and moved on to The 100. After powering through The 100 I'd definitely forgotten about it.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah i have a couple of those on the back burner now, I will have to complete most because I am a completetist.

Having trouble with Alterred Carbon its just not grabbing me like it should, don't really know why.