1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oops, so popular it’s already posted.

2. Fantasma Negro

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The more Trump ads I see the more reasons I have for voting him out. Thanks Trump.

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Exactly. It has made the entire YouTube platform unwatchable. I used to spend hours and hours on Youtube watching stupid videos on how to build DIY things, basketball breakdowns, etc. etc, and I just cant anymore because of the obnoxious Trump, and right wing nonsense pop up ads. They really should just focus on Facebook where they know it's going to their own base. Most other places it's just annoying everyone else.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  5. myco

myco Contributing Member

Am I missing something here or would an ad blocker solve this problem? That might be the bigger travesty here. Of course, not wasting time on YouTube might be its own reward as well...

Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I use Adblocker at times, but If I don’t, I report ads I don’t want to see. Once you do that, you never see them again.

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

9. Fantasma Negro

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Former chairman of the republican national committee...

R0ckets03 and RayRay10 like this.
  11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The Trump vote is a result of a lying government and "libs" defending lies and stupidities.
    Just take Iraq War 2, just one little thing: 1) "weapons of mass destruction" was totally false, 2) we illegally overthrew the government and killed the leader, 3) we have killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis for no good reason, 4) the war is 17 years long: we can't win, 5) it has cost approx. $2,000,000,000,000.

"Libs" defend that ****. That's why people don't trust "libs."
    If "libs" could be honest about BS, it would help the Trump brigade be more trustful.
    Likewise if Trumpsters could fess up to a few obvious absurdities, they would appear less unreasonable to the other side.

The point is: if you defend lies and BS just because they supposedly help your team, you're locked in an endless loop of BS with your mirror image.

Dubious likes this.
  12. dobro1229

Umm... you do know that George W. Bush was a Republican right? You do know that Trump is a Republican too right?

What evidence in the world do you have that the Iraq war was a consequence owned by "the Libs"?

What liberal do you know that has been trying to lie on behalf of George W. Bush that Iraq was justified?

Trump was elected in 2016 for 100 different reasons. Liberals and Iraq are not one of them.

R0ckets03 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. dobro1229

Trump won for two main reasons:

1. Change Candidate:

American's love Change candidates, and nobody resembled Change more than Trump. Americans are very cynical about government and Washington. They saw Hillary as an insider and a lobbyists dream who would work for corporate America, and kick dirt in everyday blue collar rust belt type of Americans.

2. Social Change & Culture Wars:

White America has long help grievances about changes they've seen in their communities, and the preservation of their comfortable way of life. They remember the Leave it to Beaver America presented to them on TV, and in the movies, and feel like Hollywood, and Washington are trying to prop up people of color on their backs. They were and are wrong about this, but it's what a LARGE chunk of white Americans believe. This includes Evangelical voters.

Can he make that case again that he is actually a change candidate and not exactly the same type of autocratic fascist he cast Hillary as? After George Floyd, and other things can Trump convince millions of Americans they aren't on the wrong side of history?

My guess is with the propaganda efforts, it's possible for him to win again, but things have DEFINITELY changed against his favor especially on topic 1. The facts and reality are that Trump is far far far worse than even the worse version of Hillary's DC insider villain portrayal. He's the ultimate lobbyist's dream grifter & openly a criminal.

I get that FoxNews, the Russians, Facebook, etc. can pump billions into lies about Trump on this topic but damn this is a hard one to overcome.

If this is a normal election where Trump's lies about #1 get exposed and people are allowed a free and fair election, Trump will get destroyed. Half of the reason why he was elected is in fact a big fat lie.

#2853 dobro1229, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    RayRay10 and London'sBurning like this.
  14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm sorry: I never mentioned Republicans or Democrats. What is your point about them?

I didn't say anyone owned anything.

What liberal do I know? Liberal or "liberal"?

15. dobro1229

You said Trump won because of "Lib's" lying and then immediately talked about the war in Iraq as an example. I don't really have to go into a dissertation of how one could connect Liberals to the "Left" and connect the "Left" to the Democratic Party, and connect the Republican party to the "Right."

Trump did not win the election because of Iraq. He sure as hell didn't win the election because he's more truthful. He won because of the 2 primary elements I discussed above. Your points make no sense.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Trump won because people don't trust the government.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm listening to an interview with History Professor Allan Licthman who has successfully predicted the winner of every Presidential election since 2000. He's predicting Trump will lose this year due to 7 of 13 keys to victory that go against him. He puts in a caveat though for two factors that aren't in his 13 keys. One is voter suppression and the other is Russian interference. He believes those factors are the wild cards that could change the election for Trump.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah, I watched a few of his interviews. good stuff

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. dobro1229

See reason #1 I noted. Trust in government is baked into “change candidate” sell-ability obviously.

#2860 dobro1229, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.