1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2019 Summer] TV/Streaming Shows to watch?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, May 14, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Society on Netflix is f-cking stupid, but I like teen angsty stuff with a splash of scifi/fantasy. This is a better version of The Between which was also on Netflix, but also f-cking stupid! Not enough black people in this HUGE cast with speaking roles. I'm only on episode 4 of 10 so maybe someone, in what they tell me is 200 suddenly orphaned kids, will show up with a little more melanin.

J Sizzle and Rocket River like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I see that popping up but did not even try it
    I was warned against Rim of the World

Rocket River

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I saw that there was some backlash because of some stereotyping and soft racism, but I hate to say that I kind of liked the film. It's campy and stupid. I didn't think it was so bad that it warranted the backlash. I legit laughed at a bunch of the movie. I get that the EARLY depiction of the black character(s) and the one Asian girl where slightly problematic, but I thought it they evolved as the film went on. The Black camp counselors that you only see for a small portion of the movie made me laugh too.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody is ever going to see it because it is on a service nobody wants to pay for, but Doom Patrol was really enjoyable for me. Alan Tudyk was great, and Brendon Frazier was pretty good.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When are those two NOT GREAT esp Tudyk

I have been thinking of getting a new Jail broken Firestick because
    I am missing CBS , DISNEY, DC, and HULU and YOUTUBE red shows
    That is like 50$ there on top of Cable and internet
    and I don't know enough shows on them to justify each of them

Though netflix and amazon are getting a bit stale

Rocket River

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And, as I kind of figured with the ending, Sneaky Pete was canceled after season 3.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

More mains need to die. Everyone seemed like fair game early in the show, but now there are clear fan favorites that have plot armor.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You think Clark the character is really dead? Bold/Smart move to kill off a character without scrubbing the actor.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I haven't watched last night's episode, but I doubt they allow the Josephine overwrite to stay. It seems like a surgical implant like the other chips, so I'm sure there's a way to reverse it.

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just heard "When they see us" is yet another Trump hit piece. Tired of people blaming everything on him. No thanks.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It isn't a Trump hit piece. Trump is mentioned just a couple times for what he said exactly about the boys who were wrongfully convicted.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I watched the first season of The Society, and while I maintain this is a dumb ass show with truly dumb ass children, I enjoyed it. I love some scifi and teen angst. The Society was more teen angst than scifi though. You can tell the writers have no idea what they are doing with the scifi Mcguffin, but it will be hilarious to see what they pull out of their asses to explain it. I hope next season they find some more black people.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Two friends that watched it said it was quite good, but also said their was no need to put blame on Trump in it.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They didn't blame Trump. They just mentioned accurately how he reacted during that time. He whipped up the media frenzy even more taking out full pages in the biggest papers in New York. Trump also didn't apologize after they were exonerated, instead doubled down. They didn't put that in the miniseries.

Trump is barely in the mini series; he is seen for a couple seconds on a TV and talked about for couple minutes out of 5 plus hours.

15. Fantasma Negro

I know it just got canceled but I watched the first two episodes of Swamp Thing and they're pretty good

16. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

On season two of man in the high castle. More of a slow burn, but fascinating concept that’s been well executed visually and via character development.

body slam likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He took out a full page NYT ad to give these innocent kids the death penalty. It's just a fact.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The irony that anybody could watch that show and have the main takeaway that Donald Trump was treated unfairly is inappropriately amusing to me.

#38 Ottomaton, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

who you hear it from?

The burn was too slow for me in season two

Rocket River

20. conquistador#11

Nos4ra2, different spin. 3 episodes in and it still has my attention but I have a feeling the wheels are going to break. And the daughter looks older than her mother. It shouldn't bother me but it does.
    There should be a separate movie/ shows review thread in the D&D.. Schindler's list 1/10, A tremendous passionate misunderstood Amon Goeth is betrayed by his obstructionist friend Schindler. To the end, Goeth shows unthinkable loyalty for country and great pride. What could have been of this film.