1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by celebrevida, Feb 10, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

These cats just dropped 5 points on the Sweds.:eek:

#81 DreamShook, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mr. T. apparently is a BIG fan

3. Buck Turgidson

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Ice fishing should be in the Olympics. Exciting winter sport for sure.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Germans play hockey like dummies. lost the gold medal on a power play up a point with 45 seconds left.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Exo slayed that ****. CL, that is girl fine yo!!! DAMN!!!! I got that power, power!!! IVANKA TRUMP!!!!!!!! Ya'll saw that 13 yr old kid shredding on that motherfuker?

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All in all, I'd give these games a C. There were some truly dramatic moments, but the NHL crippling men's hockey really took the drama out of a premier event. The time difference was brutal from an American perspective, but we were spoiled recently with the Brazilian Olympics and World Cup. We'll have to get used to these awful hours for the next few big events (Russia and Qatar World Cups, Tokyo and Beijing Olympics).

8. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

I know they are in different sports but I think there is a good comparison between US men's curling team and US figure skater Nathan Chen.

Both performed poorly in the beginning. US curlers were 2-4 and medals were out of reach. Chen was 17th after short program.

At that point, they just relaxed and had a DFAF attitude. The pressure was gone.

Consequently curlers did the seemingly impossible and never lost again to win good. Chen was too far behind to medal but gave the performance of a lifetime. He actually had the highest score in the long program and ended up 5th overall.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Ya'll didn't watch the closing ceremony? It's not the Olympics tradition if you didn't watch. I didn't make the rules CF.