1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 UDFA tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

As long as you blame 31 other teams.

houstonstime likes this.
  2. Nimo

Nimo Member

10 UDFAs who could make an NFL roster

https://frsfootball.com/nfl/10-udfas-who-could-make-an-nfl-roster/

3. raining threes

I don't care about the other 31 teams and you shouldn't either

coachbadlee likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Ok. Sounds rational.

If only the Texans pass on him then It is a Texans problem. If every team passes on him it is the player's problem.

If you only care about the Texans, why do you care so much about a player not on the team?

houstonstime and csj like this.
  5. raining threes

SMH

I only care (Mildly) about the Texans doing everything they can to put the best team possible. Regardless if they are pot smokers etc... give me the talent, and the Texans org didn't do that this offseason.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

how a player is gonig to help, no matter how talented he could be if he gets keeps getting suspended for smoking weed? another topic is why the nfl keep suspending for that, but now those are the rules, why having a player in the roster, if he doesnt play.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  7. How Sweet It Is!

"UDFA Tracker" is about who they sign or don't sign, you pathetic shill.

raining threes likes this.
  8. raining threes

Because players that smoke pot as kids grow up and sometimes become great players.

See: Warren Sapp/Justin Houston etc.... this is all about accepting risk for a greater talent level. If the guy goes back to smoking pot what have you really lost Jermaine Kelly?

I mean any picks in rd 4-7 is an acceptable risk. IMHO

Just draft the most talented players every year and you lower the risk even further.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You’re ignoring the point of what most are trying to make, I think. It’s not so much the weed use, as much as it is the habitual usage and getting caught. It shows a lack of discipline, being a team player, maturity and love for the game.

I don’t care if players smoke, either don’t get caught or if you do, don’t do it again. You can’t put yourself above the team and you have to be smarter than that.

I don’t think many will debate with you that the rule is dumb regarding mar1juana, but rules are rules and if that player shows a pattern of breaking rules, that player is not needed regardless of skill.

10. raining threes

I agree and you can still love the game and be a pot smoker. If you draft one of these guys and he gets popped then there's always a Corey Moore type guy you can pickup off the WW. In short you really haven't lost much taking the risk.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’d argue that you get more value with the lesser talent that is going to be there(back ups, special teams) vs the better talent that can’t be on the field. I really don’t mind giving “troubled” players second or even third chances, but if you get popped at the biggest job interview you’ll ever have, you’re out of the question for me

12. awc713

awc713 Member

13. raining threes

Warren Sapp/Justin Houston/Randy Moss/Cris Carter say Hi.

Or is that HIGH

Micheal Irvin, hell all of the Fla schools are full of dudes that smoke weed. Are the Texans just going to ignore talented players because the old man has set up some stupid moral code for HIS org?

The list goes on and on of guys that smoke weed that became great sometime HOF players. Definitely worth the risk.

Your/McNair's thought process is what has lead to so many mediocre teams in this city.

#133 raining threes, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, I don’t know how you can’t understand a simple train of thought. Maybe you need to lay off the stuff?
    No one cares if they smoke or have smoked, said for the third time. It is bad if they get caught and continue to get caught, that shows bad judgement and lack of responsibility. Can you not understand that?

Maybe you don’t try to turn this into a pro-mar1juana diatribe and try to understand why some may not want habitual rule breakers and people that buck authority. You know those types of people typically don’t do too well in the league.

15. raining threes

I'm not trying to turn this into any type of diatribe, I just want them to draft the most talented players and they aren't currently doing that because of ownership and teams they're competing against are currently drafting, signing these types of players, this puts them in a competitive disadvantage.

I think it's time that we start talking about something else since we are never going to agree about how the Texans go about their business. But one thing is for sure other than the McNair's making billions this franchise has more or less been a failure if you want to have a true contender in this city.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, I want them to draft the best possible players and they have a policy of doing that instead of trying to get the most talented morons who will flame out. They aren't always successful, but it's a smart policy. Teams who have a policy of taking every head case simpleton that happens to have some talent end up worse off for it MUCH more often....we just ignore those busts because they aren't on the Texans.

17. Buck Turgidson

Woooohooo Houston Bengals!!!

18. raining threes

Is it smart policy?

They haven't had a true contender in 15 years.

If they would've drafted a couple of these guys maybe they would've had a better on the field product. If the guys flame out what have you really lost? Jermaine Kelly? LOL

Adding a couple of these risks doesn't make the Texans the Bengals. That's the false narrative the Texans org pushes to justify how they go about their business to the fanbase.

19. raining threes

Adding a couple of these guys like the Pats/Jags/Vikings/Eagles do doesn't make the Texans the Bengals.

20. Buck Turgidson

You know I don't really care and I'm just ****ing with you, right?