1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 FF #1 pick this season

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by FLASH21, Jul 18, 2018.

?

Who's your #1 pick for PPR fantasy football drafts?

1. Todd Gurley III

66.7%
  2. David Johnson

16.7%
  3. Antonio Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ezekiel Elliot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other... why?

16.7%
  6. None of your f'n business!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Just looking to gauge everyone's thoughts or philosophy on who they would target with the #1 pick if they were to obtain it (or already have).

PPR have increasingly become the norm so I would say PPR settings are in mind when asking this question.

I'm leaving off Leveon Bell since he's planning on holding out and will most likely fall to the 2nd to 3rd round slots once again.

For reference: http://www.espn.com/fantasy/footbal...PR/2018-fantasy-football-ppr-rankings-top-300

#1 FLASH21, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think we'll see a run on RBs in the early rounds in fantasy this year after so many WR1s busted last season.

I also think Alvin Kamara is potentially a better PPR pick than Gurley / Zeke. I don't know how Dallas is going to throw the ball. They have literally no one worth a flip on that roster who catches passes. Makes me think that Zeke will be facing a lot of 8 man fronts which is negative for his rushing efficiency but could also lead to an uptick in receptions.

Kamara will see a lead role the first 4 games of the season with Ingram out, and although his TD production will decline (TD rate was an outlier last season) if you watched the Saints last season you could see that Brees was comfortable dumping the ball off to him almost immediately Week 1. They knew what they had early. He's going to be a PPR workhorse there even when Ingram returns, kind of like how Christian McCaffrey is much more valuable in PPR than standard.

Gurley is going to take some hits this season purely because the schedule is a lot harder. Rams offense was a lot more efficient last year than it probably should have been. I sense some regression is in order, but who knows just how much.

I still think Lev Bell and David Johnson are the best fantasy backs in the league, if those guys are on the field and healthy, you take them to the bank.

Antonio Brown is on the Madden cover this year so avoid at all costs.

peleincubus likes this.
  3. thething

thething Contributing Member

Gurley was just incredible last year, so even if he declines a bit he’s still my #1. Bell is #2 for me and Kamara #3. Then you got Johnson and Zeke who have risks with them, new offense for Johnson and Zeke’s team stinks. I’d probably take Brown before them since he’s so consistent, but that’s the clear top 6 for me.

I typically always go with a RB in round 1. It’s just my style.

4. SinceEverSince

Bell had a lot of carries last year, and seems he’ll bent on sitting out preseason. I wouldn’t draft him. Injury’s is gonna catch him

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Preseason is irrelevant. Please tell me which stud RBs play more than 2 seconds in the preseason?

Bell is doing the exact same thing he did last season. Sitting out camp and preseason preserves his body which is the natural thing to do in order to protect his long term value.

I really don't understand everyone's logic on this when it made no difference last year.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Let him draft Watson #1.

7. SinceEverSince

How did he do the 1st 4 weeks? Risk losing early? This why people lose...

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Fantasy aside... I think you guys are sleeping on the Cowboys a bit. They could be pretty damn good.