1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 draft sleepers

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Normalus, Mar 2, 2018.

1. basketballholic

Full credit due.

And I think you're right on the nose. Melton has superstar talent. It's a matter of his mentality. Can he keep his nose clean, and will he with hard enough in the gym? Everything where is there, quickness, speed, hops, length, and most importantly basketball iq and floor vision. The mire video if him I watch the more I want to watch.

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Funny, but I thought about cocaine instantly.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It was important to me to reveal my opinions late this year. The last two years my guys got taken higher than expected (yours too iirc) when I said something too early.

Yes, I know the world doesn't revolve around me but good juju and bad juju are real!

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Morey brings the same team back i know one thing JAMES HARDEN is about to be under harsh criticism from the city of Houston if he doesn't bring a championship to the city. That MVP won't mean jack **** if he doesn't bring competitive fire when we need it most deep in the playoffs. Harden can talk a big game but he better show it late in May and in June if he's so aggressive in stating this team has enough.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Bumping because I knew this guy would be a sleeper and I was hoping we could have snagged him. Watching him harassing us the other night was exactly what I though he could do for us. But he went much higher at 2.32 than our 2.46 Melton pick. Grizz got a solid NBA role player.

Him, Brunson, Gary Clark, Kyle Kuzma, prove that we need to look at these Jr. & Sr. leaders, award winning, type players. They come out running unlike these unproven freshman and Euro stash.

basketballholic likes this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean... one of these guys is not like the other, lol.

Kuzma - ok, FOR SURE.

But the others still have plenty left to be determined. Frankly, if I'm in need of a cheap backup, I'd probably rather go veteran than a 2nd round senior if it is in the mold of Brunson or Cater.

Again, Kuzma is not this... and I don't think he was this coming out of college either. He wasn't that "solid" 4 year college guy where you might question his NBA capabilities and CERTAINLY question NBA upside, but not really bball IQ. Rather he was a late bloomer where you really questioned the 3 point shot and it was incredibly hard to see he has one at the NBA level.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not saying they are the same level only saying that they are at worst contributors. I attribute that to their 3-4 years of experience and leadership. That's the point I'm making.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Testing 123

9. basketballholic

He's a bull dog winner. Like him a lot. Great call.

10. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Definitely not a basketball officianado, but what is the general consensus on our two draft picks - they seem like solid choices?

11. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Definitely not a basketball officianado, but what is the general consensus on our two draft picks - they seem like solid choices?
    Sorry, duplicate post.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oh, I thought it said 2028 sleepers (but I suspect Mooorey was still there watching)...

Roxs-Redemption and roslolian like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Not a sleeper, but holy crap Admiral Schofield would look good on the Rockets.