1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 Astros Minor League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Nov 12, 2017.

1. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

That's one way to mess up your shoulder...

2. Buck Turgidson

Finally read the article this morning, the parts that stood out to me were 1) letting the game "slow down" and not being in intimidated by the surroundings 2) pre-game prep in the majors (video, data, etc...as opposed to the minors) 3) being less passive on defense 4) not hitting so many ground balls

The weight gain stuff does not bother me at all, he's still a growing boy and this was inevitable

3. raining threes

Seems like excuses from Tucker for not getting the job done last year.

Tucker wouldn't be a guy that kept me from trading for a star level player or a #1 starter.

But I've never been that high on Tucker and wanted Luhnow to pick Benintendi. So I'm a bit biased.

4. Buck Turgidson

Eh...a 21 year old who had played 153 games above A-ball at the time of his callup had some issues adjusting and was pretty honest about what he needs to work on. Or he's making excuses. Whichever.

Kida, No Worries and Nippystix like this.
  5. raining threes

I'm going with excuses.

I think Tucker's ceiling is a guy like Markakis or Shawn Green

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Green and Markakis had 6+ WAR seasons and were better than newly-elected HOF Harold Baines for most of their careers (Baines basically was better in his mid-late 30s). I'm fine with Tucker's ceiling looking like a HoF's for the years he's under club control even if it means he's not quite that good in his mid to late 30s.

7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Anyone judging Tucker on 72 major league plate appearances needs to relax.

Tucker first 72 plate appearances.....

BA .141, .236 OBP, .439 OPS

Alex Bregman first 72 plate appearances.....

BA .156, .236 OBP, .455 OPS

moonsh0t and bigdaddy like this.