1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018] Apple Event: September 12

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, are the Note phones the only decent ones with an active stylus to write on? I see there is a cheap LG phone that has it, but anything midrange and up?

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Those prices are just crazy. And the XR is too big for the wifey. Hoping there will be some good promos on the now discontinued iphone X. Where is an iphone 6 or 7 owner to go in the apple line w/o wanting to go bigger or more expensive?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

basketball app is fire

tmactoyao likes this.
  4. Senator

Senator Member

What is the real difference between the Samsung galaxy google pixel level and ygr 1,000$+ apple xl level

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

These names are atrocious. 5 years ago I would have said these are android phone names.
    Exhibit A: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G

Seriously...a trillion dollar company..the best name they could come up with is Iphone X S Max?

Almost as bad as the new porsche being called Taycan.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Interested in a watch.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

might have to get a used X or something. XR screen is awful.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Neither one is as pimp as this

[​IMG]

iball likes this.
  9. Sajan

Sajan Member

Introducing Liquid Retina. The new display on iPhone XR is the most advanced LCD in the industry. An innovative backlight design allows the screen to stretch into the corners. So you see true-to-life color from one beautiful edge to the other.

I don't know about awful..but..
    • iphone 8 4.7"- 1792-by-828-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
    • iphone 8 plus 5.5" - 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi
    • iphone xr 6.1" - 1792-by-828-pixel resolution at 326 ppi

10. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Xr is basically the iPhone 9 . An 8 and an 8 plus combined . Trade in touch id and 3d touch for face Id and a larger screen. Oh better processor and camera enhancements.

Wanted a smaller phone but no at 250 more over the Xr.

11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This describes basically every presentation ever.

As someone rocking a 5, I find there to be too many options now. Don't get me wrong... options are fine, I just wish they'd go all the way with options so there are lots more choices, including even cheaper versions, or with fewer options... here's the phone, that's it, buy it.

#32 JayZ750, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Xerobull likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ripping on Apple is getting a little boorish.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm beginning to rationalize getting a Xr.

Here's why:
    Battery life, the Xr only needs to support a low res screen and the A12 is better at power consumption. This phone might have the best battery life of them all.

Performance, again it has the same processor as the other phones but has to run on a lower res screen. Should mean fast loading times and smooth performance especially playing games

15. Svpernaut

Apple products are getting a little boorish.

16. Xerobull

How so?

17. Svpernaut

Maybe the fact that their "groundbreaking" changes to their minor updates are anything but? Wireless charging in last year's update... awesome. My Lumia 920 in 2012 had wireless charging.

And their marketing bullshit is anything but truthful, yet the masses eat it up like it's a religion. Case in point:
    Or how about when they knowingly and willingly slow down older iPhones? Something no other phone maker does.
    They are the richest tech company in the world, and instead of truly revolutionizing tech (thnk Elon Musk) they truly monetize tech. The fact that they've abandoned the Lightning Connector in favor of USB-C on Macs, but not the iPhone is proof of that. They choose to continue with an inferior technology, so that they can fully monetize peripheral and cable sales. There is ZERO rational reason to stick with the Lightning Connector.

Nearly every "new" iPhone released over the past 6-8 years adopts technology and features that previously appeared on other phones. Dedicated camera button, fingerprint reader, facial recognition, wireless charging, copy/paste, multi-tasking, app switching... the list goes on. Apple doesn't innovate, they take other people's ideas and using their vast coffers and their control of hardware providers insures that they stifle competition on components.

They make high quality hardware, and charge a premium for it, all while still gouging their customers every chance they get. They do not innovate, and haven't for years. They have the money and the power to do truly original things, and year after year, they release "S" and "XS" minor upgrades. They do a disservice to the entire technology world with their inability to revolutionize.

18. Svpernaut

19. Xerobull

Story checks out. You know what boorish means.

20. Svpernaut

You asked for a response, I gave one. I give you valid reasons and examples, and you dismiss them without retort. That says more about you than me.

It is fine for you to say you like their products and you want by buy them, but while you say that their critics are boorish, so are those with blind allegiance to them and the superiority complex that generally comes with it.