1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018] Apple Event: September 12

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/27/...-xs-september-launch-three-new-devices-rumors

So far, we’ve heard there might be three new iPhones, including an upgraded iPhone X with a 5.8-inch OLED screen. There could also be a cheaper version of the iPhone X with a 6.1-inch LCD screen and another high-end device with a 6.5-inch OLED.

Peripherals and more. Sometime this year (not necessarily in September), we can also expect updated AirPods; a new Apple Watch with a larger screen in the same body; a new wireless charger (probably the much-delayed AirPower mat); and upgraded iPads Pros with slimmer bezels and Face ID replacing the fingerprint-sensing home button.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/08/30/2018-iphone-xs-design-larger-version-gold-exclusive/

We believe that the new 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch iPhones will both be called iPhone XS. We also believe iPhone XS will come in a new gold color option not previously offered on the new design. Apple leaked its own gold version of the iPhone X through the FCC, but it has not been available to purchase.

[​IMG]

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I just backed over my 6s that I love. I got the screen repaired for 100 but now the touch sucks so I'm nursing it until I can upgrade when the XS comes out. I've also been nursing my ipad 2 for a couple years so I might also be in the market for a new Ipad if they announce those at the same time.

I always thought I'd like a dick tracy watch when I was a kid but now that it's a reality i couldn't care less. probably has to do with the fact I hate wearing a watch more than anything.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

came here expecting a thread about the red delicious apple. left disappointed

mikol13 and Sajan like this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

Should have got it repaired at the apple store. I believe it's $149.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

One thing that I'd like is an Apple Pencil-compatble MacBook.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Good luck. Apple had been waiting for Intel to get their **** together on the 10 nm chips.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do they need a 10nm chip to for pen compatibility? All kinds of Windows and Android devices use active stylus.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They want to up the performance of the MacBook pros while making them the size of airs

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Apple releases new isexbots. Stock surges.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Apple will not make macs compatible with the Apple Pencil. They will point u to the Ipad or iPad Pro.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

New 6.5-inch iPhone X model reportedly called the ‘iPhone XS Max’

Apple has gone full r****d with their naming..

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

OMG!!

I need one NOW!! Sure, I just got my last one 1 month ago, but I MUST HAVE THE NEW COOL ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I'm rocking a 5s that's pretty slow and small, so do need a new one, but I don't look forward to the 2 extra jobs I'm going to have to get to afford it.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I got a Note 9, hopefully Apple releases a screen that is comparible to it... but if Samsung is making their screens still I'm sure they will be similar at best. I should have probably got a Note 10 but why wait on tech, oh well .. I'm not brand married either, if Apples releases are good I'll definitely look at them for my grandma,

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ever since I updated my iPhone 6 to the latest iOS 11, my battery has gone into the tank. Seems like this is a known problem. Looking forward to iOS 12 fixing this problem, hopefully.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

What does your battery health say?

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I just paid off my 6S Plus. I like this phone, don’t really see a compelling reason to upgrade it at this point.

mikol13 and Svpernaut like this.
  17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Apple will make sure you have to when they intentionally slow down your phone.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It says Peak Performance Capability - your battery is currently supporting normal peak performance.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Try turning off Background refresh or most of the apps that are running in the background. I only have google maps and two other apps on.

Go to your location settings and turn off location for most of the apps. Then the other ones that need it..set it to While using app. None of them should be always.
    Also under location, go to system services: turn off everything except cell network search, find my iphone and emergency SOS.

Those two things should be stop draining the battery on any iphone. I usually do this for most people I know lol. Mostly when they are showing me something on their phone and I ask..why is your location icon on constantly? Turns out some coupon app is constantly pinging their location wasting battery.

Deckard likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Those are already turned off. Still have the drain issue. Only started happening when I updated to iOS 11.

So, fingers crossed that iOS 12 fixes it. I saw some posts that people that have the beta say it is fixed. Hopefully that is the case. It has been a huge problem with the usability of my phone.

lilbird20 likes this.