1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018/2019 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 1, 2018.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is bulls*** and shame on UEFA for allowing it. I know what they are and what they value. I think they're overestimating American's attachment to the sport and making a big mistake. While we love the game and the crowds are growing, this is exactly how you slow the growth down. There aren't enough die-hards, IMO, that will be willing to pay for this. They'll be satisfied with league games.

ferrari77 likes this.
  2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I hear Univision also has UEFA CL and EL rights and matches will be on their Univision Deportes network as opposed to behind some streaming service paywall. So if you're alright watching with Spanish commentary(tbh that's way better than some of the commentary we get on some of these American networks) then Univision might be the one to watch

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/08/...ns-league-viewers-turned-off-turners-paywall/

leroy likes this.
  3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'll gladly watch on Univision or find a stream.

It was already BS that Fox would try and swindle people to buy their stupid "Fox Soccer" channel to watch some UEFA matches and then NBC Sports gold BS too.

Greedy ****s.

leroy and ferrari77 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neymar on China Tour, first goes and signs Barca shirt.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Mundo and Sport saying Vidal and Bayern have agreed to a deal with Barca, medical today.

Bit out of nowhere, but seems Inter are now trying for Modric.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I still like Paulinho better. Maybe Arthur can do some quick developing.

7. Raz

Raz Member

Would be more cool with Vidal going to Inter, because other than Barca they're not threat to Bayern right now in the Champions League hunt. If we can get €30M for an injury prone 31 year old that still travels to Chile for every game with the national team, I guess we shouldn't be too choosy though.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a long time ago when Inter was a threat to anyone internationally, might be the Old Ronaldo the Phat One era.

Or Jose Mourinho.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Serie A coverage on Television in the USA is another problem this season. Bein don't have the rights anymore. ESPN and Turner are trying to get it to put it on their streaming services...behind the lovely paywall. Serie A don't really give a crap about making inroads in N.A. I gotta imagine James Palotta of Roma is furious at stuff like this. Also no home for the F.A. Cup on television in the USA yet. Whoever gets Serie A will also get the FA Cup as well it seems. Charity shield will be on ESPN + for all those that bothered paying ESPN for that..... and also on Reddit streams for the rest of us.

and then Comcast and Verizon have dropped Bein from their packages

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/soccer/id/24268979

I'm not even that mad at BeIN in this case. Comcast consistently put them in a higher tier as opposed to the regular sports tier. Ridiculous.

ramotadab likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is that Lacazette or why is Prince Luc Mba a Moute there to celebrate? Should be working out. Wait, he ain't a Rocket, should not care.

Ah, you meant Ousmane Dembele?

ramotadab likes this.
  12. leroy

I hope US Soccer follows suit and drops their deal with BeIn for road games. Directv has them in the extra sports package that I'm not paying for. If Comcast and Verizon have already dropped them, that's a lot of eyes no longer with access.

ferrari77 likes this.
  13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aren't the home federations responsible for TV deals? I could be wrong about this, but I remember reading that a lot of smaller CONCACAF federations had deals with beIN which is why the USMNT was so difficult to watch during their away games.

ferrari77 likes this.
  14. leroy

You are correct. It's actually world-wide that the host federation determines the broadcast rights. Hopefully, BeIn will cease to exist tin the US and it'll force those federations to chose another broadcaster for US away games.

ferrari77 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Worshipping Özil in the Turkish League?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Fantasma Negro

Trying to recruit him to play for the Turkish national team. Not a stretch seeing as he is Turkish

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think they just intend to support him.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Can't join a different national team if you played in a non-friendly for a national team (men's, not youth teams) already.
    Players have to choose after their youth career.

19. Fantasma Negro

Well in that instance, its good to see the genuine support

20. Raz

Raz Member

Support? He's rather now what he chose to be - a propaganda puppet for a dictator.

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.