1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018-19] Portland Trail Blazers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by craguin, Sep 3, 2018.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Do the Lakers own that facility?

2. craguin

craguin Member

It's a replica court owned by Steven Jackson (note the "Jackson Center" logo in the video).
    ESPN - 2/13/2012
    Arenas' workout was held at the Bel Air home of Lakers season ticket holder and L.A. Gear sneaker mogul Steven Jackson. Jackson's house includes a private basketball court, painted as a replica of the Lakers' home floor at Staples Center.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

if I were a Blazers fan I’d have absolutely no excitement for this team after what happened in last year’s playoffs...to get swept like that is just so embarrassing

Where is this team headed? Absolutely nowhere...

AT BEST, they make the 2nd round and get waxed

Dame has been living off that series against us in 2014 for years because he’s not that good in the playoffs...for his career, he’s right at 40% from the field and 34% from 3 in the postseason...TS% is just 53%...PER is just 17.6...the farthest he’s ever carried the Blazers is game 5 of the 2nd round

da_juice likes this.
  4. Milos

Milos Member

I sure hope they decide to blow it up so we can grab Aminu out of the fire sale

Chriss (plus salary match filler) could be worthwhile expiring flyer w enough upside to pry away AFA

da_juice likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I knew it as soon as i saw a post in this thread lol

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Portland waived a full RGV squad.

Deuce likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3rd seed last season, their talent level has not improved while other teams' has.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Man it kills me Onuaku didn't pan out. We haven't had a real morey draft gem in the past few years. We were spoiled in the past.

Back to Portland, if I were them I'd blow it up and rebuild around Damian. Trade McCollum, dump salary tank for a year and retool.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm guessing these clowns get the 8th seed in april and swept by us in the 1st round

hakeem94 and da_juice like this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The bottom line for this team is:

1. Zach Collins must break out this season. I believe his future is bright but he's still very young.

2. Nurkic needs to reach another level. He's only 24. This will be his 6th year in the NBA, 2nd time starting the season as THE man in the middle. Talent is not the issue. Too often he plays soft and mentally checks out of games. Another problem is opponents hate Nurkic and seem to enjoy punishing the guy.

Based on talent, Blazers should make the playoffs. However, their chemistry/mentality might be fragile after the flame out in the playoffs and trade rumors over the summer.

daywalker02 and da_juice like this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

One more thing:

Didn't even realize Stauskis joined the Blazers. His career has been hugely disappointing compared to what I expected. If this is the year he finally breaks out and performs as he should, it will be another reason the Blazers will make the playoffs.

Or, perhaps, opening night against the Lakers was just beginners luck with his new team. Time will tell.

The Blazers are an afterthought to most people but I find them interesting

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25321406/zach-lowe-damian-lillard-portland-trail-blazers-nba

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how do you lose by 43 points?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member