1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Texans Training Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jul 25, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

"I think he's fine John. He's not dealing with anything specific, we just want him 100% for the real action."

"We don't discuss injuries Mark. Everyone here, even those injured, are working hard, getting better every day."

LOL But really, they don't talk about injuries. Aaron Wilson just reported within the last 2 days about Braxton Miller's injury from last Wednesday while I don't think the Texans themselves have said anything.

Unless the media does some digging, we won't get an update on Hopkins, who's obviously dealing with something (even if "minor").

ROXRAN, Richie_Rich and Mr. Clutch like this.
  2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I don't think Hopkins is dealing with anything. I just think they want to protect him because the WR situation is already pretty bad.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bill O'Brien was not pleased with how the Texans practiced today and said it needs to get better going forward.

#184 J.R., Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

what happened to kevin walter's face? don't remember him being this bloated

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Again? This is the second time we've heard this.

I wonder if it's the offense again.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sounds like it.

#187 J.R., Aug 21, 2017
    Mr. Clutch likes this.
  8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I have a buddy who works out with him. He does physique shows apparently. Most of those guys juice it up(I am not claiming Walter does), and we know what that did to Dwayne Wade's jawline.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So....if he's not hurt, why is Clowney missing so much time?

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Man, BOB is going out of his way to bring D'Onta to Earth on all this praise. Anytime anybody says anything positive about him, BOB makes sure to make some snarky comment about the Hall of Fame.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He's been urbanized.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

let's say the team did report injuries. how does that change anything for you as a fan? serious question, not being facetious.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...ans-sloppy-11947445.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

Back in the Texas heat for their first practice since training camp shifted from the cooler climate of West Virginia, the Texans had a somewhat sloppy, sluggish practice that raised the ire of coach Bill O'Brien.

There was a fumbled snap by starting quarterback Tom Savage, some issues for the offense getting lined up and a general lack of intensity and tempo.

Some players dealt with heat issues and got fluids intravenously after practice.

"We didn't practice very well today," O'Brien said Monday morning following a practice that was open to fans. "We've got to pick it up tomorrow. It's great to be back in front of our fans. Our players need to get going, though."

Asked specifically what needs to change, O'Brien replied: "Play better, practice better. Who knows? We have to practice better. We have to coach better. We go to do a better tomorrow."

Savage concurred with O'Brien's assessment. There were a lot of problems compared to how sharp the Texans were in practice a week ago during joint session with the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots.

"We've got to start faster in practice," Savage said. "All those drives against our defense, obviously we're used to going against the Patriots. Now, we have to revert back to going against our guys. It's our first day back in Houston. We can't use that as an excuse."

When Savage left his home at daybreak Monday morning, the difference in climate immediately struck him.

"I was sweating this morning walking to my car at 5:30," Savage said. "It hits you."

Added cornerback Kevin Johnson: "We've got to come out and have a better day tomorrow."​

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Kevin Walter looks no different than he did 5 years ago.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The heat in Houston is game changing.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i hate savages mentality, sounds like a whiny b****. defenders hit way harder btw...

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the defense destroys the offense regularly in practice.

The difference in talent is massive.

One is the top defenses in the league, one is a historically bad offense.

#198 Mr. Clutch, Aug 21, 2017
    J.R. likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Classic O'Brien

J.R. likes this.
  20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

donkeypunch likes this.