1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

now is pretty good time to buy a new flagship

Oneplus 5 is going to be announced today with some insane looking specs rumored to be starting at $480

Samsung has a killer trade in offer for S8 or S8+ unlocked for $425/525 after trade in, where the trade in can basically be any Android/iOS phone that can at least be turned on, paid off, and be in good condition. If you're trading in a S7/S7 Edge/Note5 you'll get more than $200 for trade in

https://slickdeals.net/f/10259068-6...ne-trade-in?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

T-Mobile is offering BOGO free on S8/S8+/LG G6/LG V20

2. Dave2000

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

been using my S7 edge for a few days and why is the finger print scanner so bad? Is it because the sensor is so small? I never had any issues with my fingerprint sensor on my iphone 5s. My battery life could be better too. I was expecting to get 2 days with light-moderate use but I only get a day.

4. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Samsung and LG set the standard with minimal bezel phones. It's going to make this phone look really dated when you put them next to the s8/G6.

Dave2000 likes this.
  5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

crap customer service and cheating benchmarks for the second year in a row aside, the oneplus 5 looks nice. glad they opted not to follow google with the boot slots. my main gripe with the pixels.

also the deals (trade-in anything) on the S8/+ are really effing good. good enough for me to take a trip to best buy to get some more looks. so dang gorgeous. may be able to ignore the bixby and fingerprint sensor.

getting the itchy trigger finger again.

Two Sandwiches, ubigred and Dave2000 like this.
  6. Dave2000

I'm in the same boat, trying to resist and I love my G6

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Finally upgraded from my S5. Got the S8 for $199 on Sprint, to go with our ~$55 per line unlimited everything plan...I use over 20 GB just on my line....

Dave2000 likes this.
  8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Sprint still does 2 year agreements?

Uprising likes this.
  9. OmegaSupreme

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Instead of a 2 year contract....what they call it is $8.33 a month for 2 years....as long as you don't change your current plan.

It's a promotional "special" they are running right now. Basically the $31 price tag then $22 in monthly credit.

11. BiGGieStuFF

Just when I think the Pixel XL is enough phone for me, they come out with a substantially better Pixel XXL. Welcome back 6" screen!! My nexus 6 is still going strong.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Switching from the Lumia 1520 to the Nexus 6 was so hard for me. I loved the Phablet.

13. BiGGieStuFF

Screen size is nearly the same for the Lumia and Nexus 6? Did it feel THAT different?

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That 0.3 inches was big for me. It doesn't seem like a lot, but after the switch I felt it. The Lumia ruined a couple of pairs of jeans for me, the nexus, even with a case didn't.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

:oops:

-Her

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Hard to believe how antiquated the original iPhone looks just 10 years later.

ramotadab likes this.
  17. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

The Honor 8 Pro has been getting a lot of good reviews and looks gorgeous too.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is the near bezel-less display for Samsung reeeeeally that much of a turn-on? I played around with the phone at Best Buy, and personally, I thought it was pretty gimmicky. When I hold the phone with one hand, my fingers partially obscure the fact that it's near bezel-less.

Don't get me wrong, specs are great and the phone looks great. But I just feel like it's gimmicky.

I currently have the ZTE Axon 7, and I have no intention of upgrading to any of the flagships this year. Phone was released around mid-2016, I got it during Black Friday and the phone is still a beast.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I ended up upgrading from my s6 edge plus to the s8 edge plus through xfinity mobile. Once it arrived all I had to do for the setup was put in my Verizon account number and details and then turned on the s8. Everything, all apps transfered to my new phone without me having to do anything extra. That was awesome. Also cut my bill from $135 a month to $83 as there is no. $20 line fee or all of the extra taxes. Unlimited plan for $45 a month is nice too. Very pleased so far.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  20. OmegaSupreme

could you review xfinity mobile service after a week please? when they open it up to bringing your own device, which they said they're going to do, i have every intention of going that route... if the tower/wifi pass-off is seamless.