1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Jan 3, 2017.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Samsung phones always start lagging after a while.

fba34 likes this.
  2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

did you ever get a phone? i'll do you a solid on a 128gb pixel xl (that will let you use fi as you mentioned above). was going to hook another guy up here on the board until he got snarky here:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/samsung-phone-question.285159/

you mentioned $100 to $200. i'll hit you right in the middle at $150. if you donate it to @Clutch tip jar, with proof, i'll meet you somewhere in between houston and galveston on I45S.

i don't have the original charger that came with it, but i have a nexus 6p charger that will fast charge it at the same speed as the original charger.

the price is more than reasonable. as you can see here...

https://9to5google.com/2017/09/15/9...eagate-8tb-hard-drive-w-usb-hub-162-more/amp/

... there's a sale on the pixel XL 128gb, but for $650. you can get them on swappa for around $500. keep in mind that the xl 2 is going to come out soon and it'll likely be around $900 just like this one was when it was released last year. this phone already has android oreo and will get android p before any other oem next year.

yes or no? i already have a backup to you if you're uninterested.

edit: phone is in pristine condition. no nicks or scratches. looks new.

#202 OmegaSupreme, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  3. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Just wanted to say... this is really nice of you, @OmegaSupreme. This board never ceases to amaze me. I can't believe that in 1999... 18 years ago!... I stumbled upon this site trying to see if we were actually going to trade for Steve Francis.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Much appreciated dude. Unfortunately I'm not around the area right now and wouldn't be able to make it to a meeting in between both spots. Probably best to go with the backup and get the sale done quicker.
    Damn though. You put together one heck of a deal. Crap

5. Nas

Nas Member

That is awesome and very generous omega. Clutchfans at its best. If for some reason it doesn't work out I'd be happy to make the tip jar contribution for it. Win win win. Hope it does though!

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  6. OmegaSupreme

i won't be able to meet up myself until next week starting tuesday. just let me know.

7. OmegaSupreme

pixel xl is gone. thx, anonymous bbs member.

BiGGieStuFF likes this.
  8. OmegaSupreme

have to admit, the pixel 2 xl looks very, very nice. that panda version... dang. still holding off though. anyone preorder? o_O

Dave2000 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Pre ordered the XL 2 64 gb panda color.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  10. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Anyone have any idea how to copy that new Pixel 2 look with the search bar below the dock using Nova?

I manage to put the search bar on the dock itself but the icons you have on the dock will just be pushed up onto the page, and the little arrow icon for the app page will be in between the row of icons and search bar

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'd give Nova Launcher a week at most for them to have that feature, wouldn't seem too hard to duplicate

I HATE that Pixel went the #courage route, love my G6 but a V30 looks pretty damn good right now, although I can't deny Pixel 2's 98 camera score, that's pretty impressive

shout out to @OmegaSupreme he did me a solid with a Nexus 5 he sold me a few years ago, always been a good dude since day 1

OmegaSupreme and fba34 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The only thing that I'm envious of from the V30 is the 3.5mm Jack and DAC. Other than that the XL XL 2 has the better software, stereo front speakers and maybe better camera. Displays are the same and the design is subjective. I prefer the XL 2. Will be more durable with no full glass back also.

13. OmegaSupreme

thx, dave. v30 is also nice. i need to see these poleds in person.

yeah... the devs at nova are pretty quick to update the launcher to have the same features as the pixel launcher and more. may want to sign up for their beta to get early access, @fba34.

@fchowd0311, i had the 128 panda in the cart but passed on it. oh well. hard to see this phone not getting a perfect score form the blogs.

edit: beta link for nova...

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.teslacoilsw.launcher

Dave2000 and fba34 like this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

as usual people who prefer small phones get the shaft. The Pixel 2 XL has the better screen with less bezel. Not sure why Google couldn't make the Pixel 2 have the same screen:body ratio.

15. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Pixel 2/2XL guaranteed 3 years of security and OS updates. Usually only 2 for OS. Really wish they have the full Google store where I am

16. Dave2000

that's the only difference, everything else is the same, I enjoyed the Apple jab about how you don't need to "higher end" model for the updated features

The perfect phone for me would be the V30 body with Pixel 2 software, camera + wide angle lens. Ever since I've had my G6, that wide angle lens is something that will be hard to let go in future devices, loved the feature when I was traveling this summer.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That Pixel 2 looks uglier than ****.

I want to love Google and would love to have some of those features but that design is total ****.

18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I still don't understand why other phone OEMs aren't implementing the wide angle lens. To me its clearly the best implementation of the dual camera but no one else has picked up on it. Instead everyone keeps copying Apple's zoom lens which seems like the worst implementation. Even Huawei's monochrome lens would be a substantial improvement over the zoom lens.

Dave2000 likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The bezels are a pretty big deal, makes it look like a throwback phone from 2014. I have that same complaint about the iPhone 8 but at least the iPhone X is small so there is a modern option for people who like small phones like me.

Dave2000 likes this.
  20. Dave2000

Couldn't agree with you more, you want a optical zoom? Buy a $50 point and shoot camera with 5-8x optical zoomed with WiFi capabilities to transfer to your phone.