1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 "Harden why u do dis" Breh Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Yung-T, May 31, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, who is WCF and who wil be ECF?

2. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

I realised I would have picked giannis or towns instead of wallace if not for me being afk and am in a disadvantage but oh well.. By the way Commish, when will your com be fixed. We can still do the two team draft while waiting for your com to be fixed.

Pretty much the same as what I posted before. I tweaked my lineup again to include Sabonis at the 5, moved Redick to the bench as a sixth man. Mutumbo is moved to the 4 and I believe he is Athletic enough and would be able to guard Tim Duncan. Sabonis would man the 5 guarding Gobert and would also help the offence with his post moves, passing and shooting ability to help spread the floor. I believe he is experienced enough to take on the young Gobert. Don't forget he averaged 23 points and 10 rebounds in the 1996 playoffs.

This time the offence will run through mainly MJ and Sabonis. Mainly both posting up their man and finding cutters or shooters with the help of screens with Steve Ker playbook. Both MJ and Sabonis are good passers out of the post and am willing passers if doubled. MJ will run the pick and roll with Mutumbo too while others spread the floor. With Mutumbo and Wallace I believe I will be able to dominate the boards and on the defensive end. I started Hinrich instead of Beverly as he is the better scorer and will help in the leadership department too as he is know as Captain Kirk. How can one not listen to the main character of Star Trek.

The bench would not suffer much with as JMC bench forwards are not huge and Redick, Maxwell will be the primary scorer along with ibaka who can spread the floor. Haslem is an elite mid range shooter and provide leadership. I believe I have tweak my lineup right in order to face jmc team.

Coach: Steve Ker
    PG: Kirk Hinrich / Patrick Beverly
    SG: Michael Jordan / JJ Redick
    SF: Gerald Wallace / Vernon Maxwell
    PF: Dikembe Mutumbo / Udonis Haslem
    C: Arvydas Sabonis / Serge Ibaka

#1282 lwqbulb, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ftw vs. daywalker

ftw: Pat Riley

PG: Chris Paul
    SG: Avery Bradley
    SF: Ron Artest
    PF: LeBron James
    C: Andrew Bogut

Bench:
    Derek Harper
    Jason Richardson
    Richard Jefferson
    Raef LaFrentz
    Tree Rollins

daywalker: Rudy Tomjanovich

PG- Jerry West/ Kenny Smith
    SG- Bradley Beal/ Isaiah Rider
    SF- Giannis Antetokounmpo/ Dennis Scott
    PF- Kristaps Porzingis/ Keith Van Horn
    C- Hakeem Olajuwon/ Swen Nater

This is going to be a dog fight.....eventually it seems FTW has the famous names here...... let me say this.....he is vastly undersized at every position except at C.
    Nobody is a great shooter, Lebron is good but not great shooter.

If you put Lebron at PF you risk the rebounding battle to favor me drastically. Pick your poison here.

I won't be stopping Lebron obviously but I can stop the others.

I have the best length in this tournament and will give him major problems!

People overrating the bench again, the bench will only play 15 minutes per game, this won't be a major factor.

And people are severely lickin Chris Paul and Lebron's nuts so far in this tournament.

Chris Paul will reduce Lebron's effectiveness to pass the ball.

Lebron is an equal playmaker IMO but CP3 is a known ball hawk who b****es to the ref every time he does not get a whistle, Lebron will be ticked. I am sure of that.

At least Kyrie is deferring....CP won't. One basketball for two great ball handlers.

Oh well, people will say wasn"t Chris Paul in the Olympics and with Lebron and how did that work?

Let me say this, vastly inferior opponents and Chris Paul and Lebron playing 20 something minutes.

Coach K being the glue and patriotism. There is not that much pride playing for a FANTASY Team.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08...nglc/en/roundid/6454/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

#1283 daywalker02, Jun 25, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No idea, I'm a poor college breh. Will try to temporarily fix it with the oven, which often works for many people (it reconnects the gpu parts that were broken by heat, so you're basically fighting fire with fire).

Birthday is in three weeks tho, so I'll probably buy a new gpu in one month or so.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be honest with you, LWQ.... I thought you would be AFK for half of the tournament.

6. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

My bad. I thought the draft would not start so soon. Glad I participated though..

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You've been a great addition, thanks for participating. Hope the drafts turn out better again so that you can enjoy them like we did in the old times.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Btw gpu prices have been driving up like crazy in the past months, fackin bitcoin miners going crazy and everyone wants in.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Graphics became more and more important, drives a big part of the market.

10. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

Thanks. Appreciate it. Yeah am enjoying them.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This current situation is solely a result of crypto mining and many cards are completely sold out. Buddy of mine bought a new gpu months ago and could actually sell it for more than the past retail price now.

People are jumping on the crypto wave and think they'll get rich from mining, although it's way too late for that. Annoying as hell.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I never got into Bit coin, virtual currency..... I am really glad.
    It aint sophisticated enuff yet complicated.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm not sold on Bitcoin, but think things like Ethereum will be the future of how we handle transactions and contracts.

You should look into it, Africa, India and organizations like the UN are already heavily invested.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL at no shooters. Chris Paul has had multiple 40% plus 3 point shooting seasons, Bradley close to 40% too. Off the bench, you have JRish, Richard Jefferson and Raef LaFrentz who can all shoot.

Defensively, each of my starters are in the upper echelon of defenders. Paul, LBJ and Ron Artest are all world defenders, who can guard multiple positions (LBJ 1-4, Artest 2-4) effectively. Bradley and Bogut will make their opposite guys work. In fact, with Paul, Bradley, Artest and LBJ they can switch very effectively on defense without any problems and then Bogut locking the paint.

In fact having CP3 and LBJ is a plus. They can split offensive duties and I have the luxury of having one of them on the court at all times. I don't see how this duo can be a problem. Oh and they are great friends. So no b****ing going to happen here between them. And a master leader of personas in Pat Riley.

Anyway let the voters decide.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha, ok shooters (they are not bad but there were tons of 42%+shooters you did not take) but not great enough. Sure. You have exceptional yet undersized defenders.

Kenny Smith is a better shooter than Chris Paul.

We won't know the end result of the game anyway, so that is just playing the sales man.

You got to admit, that are your only 'weaknesses'. Size, Shooting in the Starting 5. And probably Artest being crazy. Egos.

You have the advantage because I doubt people know what Giannis and Porkzingis are capable of...

as Yung T said that is probably Fantasy Dynasty game.

I can't say I have regrets though, this is the best talent I could get and steal and I drafted this team to beat someone like you. In real life.

I am confident they will beat your team when it comes to an Alltime legend match.

What I like about your bench is you have players that I also wanted but yup because of that 'WEIRD DRAFT ORDER' Lwq and FTW breh were always in front of me.

The coach draft was rigged anyway and I still got someone valuable.

#1295 daywalker02, Jun 25, 2017
    FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You call shooting my weakness (which I disagree but that's ok). You have Hakeem, so you're going to play 1 in 4 out. Giannis is a very very poor 3 point shooter, Porzingis is mediocre from long range, Jerry West we don;t know and so you have one good 40% 3 point shooter in Beal....

And that is how these drafts are judged as far as I know. Rosters are judged based on what they have done during their peak and not speculation...

Giannis and Prokzingis may well turn out to be HOFers but it's a mute point for this draft. They are judged based on their past....

At least that's how I understand these drafts.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure. It will but the developed Countries will make a stand before it conquers the Western World.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As you said it isn't about one player vs one players. You selected players that are Super one on one players but still would struggle.

Just saying I got a big name in Riley isn't getting it done, it is too easy of an argument.

I selected players that are high talented, high IQ, and much lengthier and taller than yours. Not just a little.

6'11 Hakeem, 6'11 Giannis 7'3 Porzingis VS Bogut, 6'7 Artest 6'8 Lebron - You tell me......

If you think you have Lebron, anyone from my team is Skilled Lebron lite but just taller and has more length.

They might not be 44% shooters but anyone can shoot and create spaces for each other. They will score.

Hakeem obviously would score alot on Bogut. And LaFrentz.

#1298 daywalker02, Jun 25, 2017
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dear Draftees,

It's the CONFERENCE FINALS.

Pls everyone DESCRIBE what their GAME PLAN is. How their Coach will utilize the STARTING 5 and main bench brigade on O and D.

2 sentences or more are kindly requested.

Thx

Spritual leader

Yung-T likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure. However, Jerry West and Bradley Beal are elite shooters for their position.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/nba/article76785952.html

Curry, RayRay, Reggie and Bird are in front of him as 'Pure Shooters'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz7ZUzqG93c

after only 3 years......

http://wizofawes.com/2017/03/31/was...becomes-best-3-point-shooter-in-team-history/

I thought everything through when I drafted them. Lelz. Really!

#1300 daywalker02, Jun 25, 2017