1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Forza!

2. Raz

Raz Member

Lewandowski scored 19 goals in 21 Bundesliga games this season, don't think he lost a step or something. There's nothing Kane can do that Lewy can't, in fact Lewy is by far the best forward when it comes to holding and protecting the ball. Kane has yet to prove on the highest level, like Lewy destroying Real with four goals all by himself some years ago. Harry might be the best in a few years from now though.
    Talking about identification - do you really think Kane will remain with the Spurs, when Real and other teams are already lurking? By the way, Lewandowski could've made more money in England but chose not to.

Khedira was injured, that's why he went off after 60min. Probably shouldn't have played in the first place.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. Raz

Raz Member

Real vs PSG is on. I'm with Madrid, lesser evil here (and that says something).

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Any of y'all already seen this? Never saw it until today before the Madrid-PSG match.
    Pretty interesting to see how Zidane operates as a manager and his coaching/tactical ability as a manager. Not so much rah-rah cheerleading like a lot of English managers.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Seems Barca finally agreed on a deal for Arthur (Gremio), likely to join in Jan 2019.

Them and Real are slowly signing all the Brazilian gems and stashing them in Brazil to develop for a bit. Future is bright, now Bayern has to come up with someone I like. :(

6. Raz

Raz Member

Good win for Real, still got work to do in the second leg though. The sheik's minion probably demands Emery's head now.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would be such a terrible move to sack a coach of his format, but we'll see. These guys aren't known for patience.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Word is that the loser of this tie is getting sacked.
    I mean Zidane is most likely gone after the season but I think what's been reported is that the Real(Perez) would prefer for him to just resign at the end of the season(that would be most decent) as opposed to having to sack him after losing in the UCL.
    As for Emery, I would think his job would be safe...especially having to face Barca last year and Real now. Of course as you said, the bosses at those clubs aren't known for their patience.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ridiculous. Real needs a complete make over as they are aging, he brought the best talents.
    Not his fault.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

totally irrelevant and very late... but i just wanna share that i scored 93 the last game week of fpl.

booyakasha!

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

damn... can't wait for the hollywood version of this game, where zidane will be played by denzel, with full orchestra music blasting in the back as zel delivers a slightly more emotional version of what was just said.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

not enough discussion on lfc #mediaconspiracy

are they the houston rockets of football? i think so.

ramotadab and Yung-T like this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Mané is a beast breh, always underestimated. That Porto defense was playing like in an all-star game tho, turrible.

daywalker02, ramotadab and Jontro like this.
  14. Raz

Raz Member

Guess who just eliminated City from the FA Cup...

krnxsnoopy, AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

82.5% possession and a 0:1 on a counter attack in a knockout game. Hey it's me ur Pep.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pep is unfathomable at times and easy to defeat at others.

[​IMG]

#1336 daywalker02, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Couldn't be more satisfied that City lost that game.

Want to believe Barca and Chelsea is going to be a good game but I have a feeling Barca is going to roll.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wigan literally blocked every single shot taken from the edge of the box area.

It was like they were practicing to just get in front of the shots from outside the box.

Brilliant really, but also very lucky.

Imagine how dominant City would be if they didn't have to waste money on shitty English players.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Will.I.An.

Wasn't enough.

Besiktas was alright before the card and the first goal. Good job, wingers of Munich.

#1339 daywalker02, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  20. Raz

Raz Member

Easy win in the end. Didn't like the first half and that's on Heynckes. Don't understand why he left out nine of our starters today on Saturday. You can do that if we have had a game last Tuesday/Wednesday, but this way all of our starters didn't play in over a week. No wonder we struggled the first 45 minutes.
    In the second half we got back on track and Besiktas got tired. If you give Robben, Lewandowski and Müller that kind of space, a 5-0 is going to happen.

Man of the match is Coman. Awesome assist to the first goal.