1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Paulinho bringing back the Ronaldinho magic.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

he's hiding his superpowers from his enemies.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is hiding some goals with that non acrobatic ish.

Jontro likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I grew to dislike PS Frauden........ no respect.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would be a great buy for Bayern, young German breh and capable of taking over at the wings after Ribery/Robben retire.

AroundTheWorld and Raz like this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Liverpool officially rejected a 125mil offer for Coutinho lulz, love to see the transfer market blowing up in Barca's face after all their shady actions in the past.

Raz likes this.
  7. The Stig

The Stig Member

Is Dembele's move to Barca still on the cards? It's gotten quiet on that front.

Bold Prediction: Draxler is going to Arsenal in a swap deal for Alexis.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Raz

Raz Member

Exactly the kind of politics you'd expect from a sheik team. Draxler did very well in Paris and now is told to piss off. 23 year old who has good chances to start for the German national team next summer. Brilliant move. Hope Bayern reaches out for him.

Bundesliga starts tonight. Any predictions? I see no challenger for Bayern. Our guys might struggle a little with all the injuries and Lahm retiring, but the gap is still huge. Dortmund's young team is not there yet and I'm not sure about their new coach, Leipzig goes through the tough second year and is unfamiliar with the three games a week schedule. I think Schalke and Leverkusen will bounce back and make it at least to the international ranks. On the other side, last year's surprises Hertha and Köln will disappoint, like most (German) teams that qualify for Europe the first time in a while. Expect Hannover and Hamburg to go down, Augsburg and Wolfsburg will have a tough time as well. Surprise team could be Stuttgart or once again Freiburg.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Expecting RB to crash out of CL early, which will help them secure a top 4 spot again. Hoffenheim will probably struggle, they lost too many key players and I don't think Nagelsmann's coaching can make up for it.

My relegation picks are Stuttgart and Augsburg, didn't like their transfers at all.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hell to the Yeah!!!!!!

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun even know who starts for them Kusen at Forward with Chicharito gone.....Kießling?

Leon Baily somewhere?

I also dun see a contender except for that one team at the top.

#212 daywalker02, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Volland will be their main striker, Bailey at the wings.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still don't get our plans regarding Sanches. Rummenigge doesn't want to sell him, says he can be an important player in the future, but then why the heck buy Rudy and Tolisso?

Don't see Sanches playing anytime soon and even a loan wouldn't change that, unless we somehow sell Vidal and another midfielder.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Love Rudy btw, always shook my head when people said he's a mediocre player and not good enough for Bayern.

These guys probably didn't follow Hoffenheim, if Rudy were of a different nationality and more vocal, he'd probably be worth 40mil on the transfer market. Guy does everything right on the pitch, extremely calm, good vision and technique.

16. Raz

Raz Member

I was one of them and Rudy proved me wrong so far, especially he and Vidal commplement each other pretty well. Let's see if he can keep his game up on international level, hasn't played Champions League since being an 19-year old with Stuttgart. Will also be interesting to see him compete for a starting job when Thiago and Martinez are back. But with all the injuries piling up, I'm really glad we have him.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, he was a total steal and I expect big things. Amazing to see him come back from vacation, join a new team and immediately orchestrate midfield from day one, shows a strong mentality and very few could've pulled it of.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Back back 4-0 wins

I LIKE IT

The Stig likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not a fan but they should be Among the Top 3 or Top 2 and they likely sign Ibrahimovic back for 1 year.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Fun day of watching for me. ManU put on another show in destroying Swansea. It was 1-0 going into the 80th when United went nuts, scoring 3 in 4 minutes.

Then, seeing Pulisic dominate a game in Dortmund's opening 3-0 win. Wasn't even that close as they were a much better side than Wolfsburg. Bayern still likely runs away with the league but Dortmund is going to be fun to watch. Young and hungry. Pulisic is going to be a big part of that and could have a very special season. I'm glad he didn't move this summer. It appears he's going to get the chance to start consistently and be the playmaker (at least as long as Dembele is out of the pitcture). They said in the broadcast on FS1 today that it's possible Barca is looking at the wrong player from Dortmund. With a good season and a high profile at the World Cup, he's looking to be in line for a huge payday next season.

And to top it off, Geoff Cameron and Stoke beating Aresnal just makes me happy...