1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he got them Monster brand headphones not beats.

2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Sean Marks on bringing in Russell:

https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/6/23/15860592/marks-reacts-to-allen-vezenkov-and-the-big-trade

“When you’re able to get a talent like that in your gym, we’re excited about that,” said the Net GM. “We’ve talked to Jeremy, Caris, Rondae and the other players, they’re excited about getting a young player with a lot of upside. I’m not concerned about the maturity and so forth, what I’m concerned about is what he brings and the culture and so forth – to develop him as a basketball player and as a young man.”

Marks is of the belief that Lin and Russell will not only co-exist, but excel. He honed in on the level of offensive firepower the new backcourt brings.

“Kenny and I talked about it a little bit, I don’t want to go into great detail, we’ll address that in a few days’ time, but having both those guys gives us a lot of versatility,” he said. “We have Jeremy, Caris and now D’Angelo, all that can break defenses down, handle the ball, the ability to shoot from the outside – we’re looking forward to that.”

Marks also adds Lin is not worried. In fact, he welcomes the opportunity to work with Russell.

“He’s (Jeremy) a very mature young man as you all know. What he will do to help develop D’Angelo will be terrific,” said Marks. “The rest of our guys look up to him, his work ethic, how he practices, how he plays – it intrigues people. I’m not worried about how they get along on the court. I’m sure they’ll be growing pains for the entire roster as the roster continues to grow and change.”

3. VanityHalfBlack

Monsters or beats, still garbage headphones. Audio Technica is the way to go.

Dacamel likes this.
  4. yoeddy

For less-expensive alternatives (<$150), I like Shure better than Audio Technica. For mid-priced (~$300), I'd go Grado or BeyerDynamics over Audio Technica. For higher-end, I agree that Audio Technica is pretty darn good. But none of these are as fashionable as Monster or Beats..and NBA players like flashy fashion-oriented stuff.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. yoeddy

https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/6/22...ting-dangelo-russell-and-seeing-possibilities

Jeremy: “I’ve always loved two combo guards playing together. I’ve always been an advocate of that, whether it’s me playing alongside Patrick Beverley or playing alongside Kemba [Walker],” Lin told The Post. “Me and Kemba’s pairing was the most fun I’ve had.

“Playing alongside another person who is dynamic makes the game easier. … I’m excited to share the backcourt with him. I’ve already reached out to him. We’ve texted a bit, so it should be cool.”

Hollis-Jefferson: “We’re getting really young. D’Angelo is going to come fit right in, because he’s willing to work. He’s humble. I know him already,” said RHJ, who’s only 22 himself. Russell, despite two years at a starter for the Lakers, is still only 21. He’ll be the youngest player on the team once the trade is officia.

He, too, isn’t worried about Lin and Russell meshing.

“Jeremy is one of the most unselfish people I ever met, so he’s willing to sacrifice some things,” Hollis-Jefferson said. “And once our coaches meet with D’Angelo and see his feeling for things, I’m sure he’s willing to sacrifice too. In the end people want to win.”

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah he loved playing alongside Kemba so much that he ran to an even worse team...the Nets!

Nice attempt by scrub Airemy and his scrub fans to save face. lulz....

Airemy gets slapped by the worst team in the league after just one season.

One of the most humiliated players I have seen in the NBA. Gets b****slapped no matter which team he goes to.

Sad.

7. yoeddy

His coach and GM both say how much the team respects Jeremy and are excited by Jeremy and D'Angelo playing together...yeah, bigtime b****slap! LMAO!

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah so much respect that they cant even trust him with the ball and had to bring in another scrub to outshine the scrub Airemy.

lol...words are cheap.

No respect even by the worst team in the league.

b****slapped!

Sad!

lulz....

Wait till you Airemy scrub fans get to watch Russell ball hog every night.

Get them bucket for your tears!

9. yoeddy

Nah...feel more sorry for Foye and Whitehead, who will both see their playing time reduced to give Russell more time to play with Lin. And if he hogs the ball, he'll sit and Whitehead will get his minutes...

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Airemy the scrub getting what he deserves.

[​IMG]

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Is Lin going to play for more than half a season?

Let's wager, $50 tip jar bet.

Russell plays more games than Lin.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I heard Lin fans have the most advanced headphones

Truth Cancelling Headphones

roslolian likes this.
  13. yoeddy

I've already told you that I am not a betting man,especially if it involves betting on injuries, so no thanks. I've already made my tip jar donation for this year but will be happy to donate again next season.

That said, I'm more than willing to state publicly that I think Lin will start as long as he is healthy. The coach and team is commited to him, and he is the undisputed leader of the team. And if the Nets make the playoffs, I will double my tip jar contribution...

14. yoeddy

See, this is why tinman is above the rest here. This was funny and clever...others are just lame-o attempts by haters. Love you, man...

15. BackdoorHarden

Looks like he got a good teammates. 21 years old and everyone hates him already

"Johnson said Friday, when the team introduced its top draft pick Lonzo Ball at its practice facility. "He has the talent to be an All-Star. We want to thank him for what he did for us. But what I needed was a leader. I needed somebody also that can make the other players better and also [somebody] that players want to play with.""

16. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Lin might be a nice guy but he aint anything special on the court. The league is loaded with good guards which renders jenny lin to an average starter at best.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

And a mentor to more talented players. :confused::D

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lol yeah..that was hilarious comment by a delusional Airemy nuthugger.. The scrub mentoring others.... :D

Airemy Lin, mentoring players how to make their team the worst one in the league and earn lottery picks. That's his limit. No respectable NBA player would want to be mentored by this scrub when it comes to basketball.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Average starter?

No one would let him start except the worst team in the league and even they are changing course.

He has been demoted to the bench in Houston and LA, both times by rookie NBA players once they figured out this guy can't cut it. On Hornets he was a bench player.

So how does that make him an average starter at best?

If only one of the 28 teams in the league will even let you sniff the starting spot, that team being the worst one in the league, and even then trade their best player (a big that can actually play) to bring in another ball handler... You are nowhere close to average starter as best. More like one of the worst ones.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. yoeddy

Not sure why you think Sean Marks is delusional.

“He’s (Jeremy) a very mature young man as you all know. What he will do to help develop D’Angelo will be terrific,” said Marks.

#2780 yoeddy, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017