1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016/2017 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Big disappointment for sure. His pass for the second goal was beautiful though.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Really praying we don't prematurely sell Sanches, I just love to watch him. Huge ball-iq and always trying to position himself while anticipating the next moments, the potential is just out of this world and I see him as a great 6/8 hybrid.
    And that assist today was beautiful.

AroundTheWorld and Roxnostalgia like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mexico is surprisingly a tourney team for years now. I know.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The video review already paying dividends, love it. Long overdue.

5. Raz

Raz Member

Just hope they're able to keep the time to make a decision short. Don't want it to become like in the NBA when it takes forever to make an obvious call.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

True, it seemed a bit over the top at times, especially when the 2nd Chile goal was that obvious.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The Palmeiras-Bahia game is over and now the stream is showing some weird-azz Brazilian music show named DingDong.
    Don't understand a f***in word but am somehow really entertained, the host is hyped as hell.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Lewandowski's agent again saying how upset and disappointed Lewa is with the lack of support during the last game, where he didn't win the scoring trophy. Also mentioning that Robert wants to see better transfers and joined Bayern to win the CL.

Really annoying, Lewandowski's agents always tend to be blackmailing b****es.

Transfer news: According to one of the biggest South Korean papers, we're signing Woo-Yeong Jeong in January, for a 700k transfer fee.
    He's already been to trials in Munich and will come over in Winter, as he's not 18 yet.

Probably planned for the 2nd unit initially, but I don't know how good he is. Scored 7goals in seven games for Incheon's youth squad.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun know but everyone is raving about the other Korean in Barca's youth Lee Seung Woo.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't know him one bit honestly.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Incheon is not a bad place for youth but I haven't seen a South Korean going to the Bayern. We will see, there is a difference in talent among crops.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Raz

Raz Member

Is he the Korean Takashi Usami?

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No, that is the Ex Bayern Japanese player who plays for Augsburg.

14. Raz

Raz Member

I know. Just had to do this bad joke...

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still baffled by how he turned out, Usami looked like a generational talent in J-League and did ish you barely even see in Europe skills-wise.

I still occasionally watch Augsburg because of him and you can see flashes of greatness, but he seems to be lacking motor on defense and at practice.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was away during that 11-12 season but I watched his team Gamba Osaka I guess last year in the AFC Champions League.

He had couple of good games but wasn't the MVP of the game or a superstar..

Gaku Shibasaki scored against Real Madrid in the FIFA Club WC but was never heard again.

He joined a Spanish 2nd Division club.

[​IMG]

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, he's been disappointing in the last years.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bayern and Real have made contract offers to Gideon Ofori Offei of Ghanaian club Vision FC, according to the player's agent and the club president.

He's called Young Müller in Ghana:

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So it seems only Bayern have made a contract offer at this point, while Real is still scouting the breh. The club's president wants to sell him to Bayern.

Love the article btw, the club's statements are full of confidence:

"He is a prodigiously talented footballer who has engineered the fine form of the second-tier side this season.

The starlet, who has an eye for goal, has been tipped for greatness by the game's aficionados.

Vision FC have made earth-shattering transfer deals since its short emergence after selling Michael Baidoo to Danish side FC Midtjylland and Sadam Sulley to Polish giants Legia Warsaw."

http://mobile.ghanasoccernet.com/ex...id-scramble-for-youngster-gideon-muller-offei

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member