1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2016/2017 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would suck, but I was kinda prepared for it. Pep friend Romero reported this at the beginning of the week, he was also the first one to break the Stones, Sané, Nolito and Jesus transfers.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

If I were a Liverpool supporter, I would be more frustrated and angry that they couldn't get Kolasinac. Worth more than Virgil since he can hold down the LB role or play CB for the Reds. He ignored Liverpool AND Klopp to sign with Arsenal and Arsene Wenger. WTF? Maybe our German brehs have more insight into his desire to play for Arsenal or was it just a love for the city of London? Liverpool and the fact that there's little to no real competition at their left back spot for a REAL left back should've made that the better option (If all the wage offers were similar)...but I guess it's tough to say no to

[​IMG]

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i guess city-wise, liverpool really doesn't have anything on london. what can liverpool realistically offer? great weather? barely english scouse language? they don't even have a regular champions league to boast.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kolasinac didn't really say too much, but stated he closely follows Özil's career and also talked to Norbert Elgert, who coached both of these guys at the Schalke youth teams. Elgert only had positive things to say about Arsenal and Özil, so I think that helped.

Besides that, I think Wenger is still hugely respected and many youngsters want to play for him.

ferrari77 likes this.
  5. ferrari77

Lulz cthu:D:D:D

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Watched Palmeiras for a bit (originally to scout Bayern target Vitinho, but he's barely playing for their first team) and damn I want us to sign Roger Guedes, this kid will be the next Brazilian thing. 20yrs old and mainly a right winger, but has also played as a 10 and left winger.
    He'd be relatively easy to acquire right now, but think he'll be hyped to death in one or two years.

highlight clip:

yesterday's game (he's #23 and has an assist at 3:56min, goal at 9:20min):

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Gnabry to Bayern done deal, according to SportBILD. Thought he was moving to Hoffenheim, weird.
    Edit: Now official.

BTW: Today's L'Equipe saying Sanchez only wants a Bayern move, not sure how to evaluate this. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

#1167 Yung-T, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Interesting. Bayern has to pay right as his contract is up 2018? Like Mesut's.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, he'd be quite expensive. Thought Romero was reliable, so I'm not sure how legit the L'Equipe and Express articles are. This is incredibly annoying, they need to finalize a deal soon.

10. Raz

Raz Member

So far Süle, Rudy and Gnabry to Bayern. None of them will make an impact immediately. Underwhelming... still need a backup for Lewandowski.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think Gnabry is an okay back-up for Lewandowski, at least better than Müller.

By the way, too many people seem disappointed right now, the transfer period hasn't even started and it's unlikely we won't sign at least one star.
    We've just acquired three promising national team players for 28mil, it doesn't get much better than this financial-wise. Much prefer this over paying 100mil for someone like Mbappe.

12. Raz

Raz Member

Gnabry is not a natural goalscorer either. But he's still young, just don't see him get a lot of playing time, should be send on loan for at least another year.

Maybe people are disappointed by the return of the "quantity over quality" tranfers, that remind me of Thiam, Schlaudraff, Petersen or Rode. Guess Hoeneß has something to do with that. Süle is the only promising player and even he is unproven on a higher level. Rudy is not good enough for Bayern, Gnabry at least two years away. And we all know that neither of these two will make it to the national team's squad next year, they are just on the team because of injuries or rest.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Verratti met PSG GM Henrique and asked to leave the club this summer. Will be interesting, Barca and Bayern frontrunners rumoredly, transfer fee will be hefty though. First Bayern offer was rejected.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Glad the NBA isn't like this. Signed a 5 year contract extension on paper a year ago. And now wants to bolt.

Top managers do not have an easy job.

Yung-T and Raz like this.
  15. ferrari77

I read somewhere that Juve were in the lead for him. Wouldn't that make sense that he'd want to return to Italy? I guess no surprise if he goes Barca though.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Heard they've fallen out of the race this week, but who knows with all those rumours.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Verratti seems like heading to South Germany barring a surprise.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just read that the guy wants to leave for Europe after the season. Know Bayern has been actively scouting Palmeiras in recent years, so hopefully they consider Guedes. :oops:
    Palmeiras is playing twice a week atm, if someone wants to watch the legendary breh.

http://us.soccerway.com/teams/brazil/sociedade-esportiva-palmeiras/310/

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Source?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry, my hunch haha honestly. There is a probability meter on TM.
    It is about 50% for me.

But I think PSG has all the rights in the world to keep him. He can sulk.

Anchelotti being Italian makes more sense.